With the emergence of live-streaming platforms, many companies have gained much prominence. If you are looking forward to watching your favorite series and films on your mobile phone, then you can find a lot of streaming platforms available for iOS and Android devices. One such platform is Peacock which is available globally.
Peacock offers many television series, movies, and live sports programs to stream online. Just like other services, you can easily create your account on Peacock and buy a premium package for your favorite shows. Peacock has its series, which is too much indulging, so it’s a must-try. But if you want to discontinue the Peacock premium, you should know how to cancel the service. Especially for the iOS user, it’s important to understand the procedure as iOS has its interface. So let’s see how to cancel the premium subscription to Peacock on iPhone and iOS devices.
What is the Peacock streaming platform?
Peacock, just like Netflix and prime videos, is a live-streaming platform operated and owned by the NBC universe. NBC is a subsidiary of Comcast. With the peacock subscription, you can access the media library of NBC Universal, which includes live programming, television series, and films. Earlier it was available only to the people of the U.S., but later on, people living in other countries could access the Peacock. Peacock is now available for people living in Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, and the United Kingdom. Peacock offers various subscriptions; one is free, and the other is paid. Below we have listed all the plans of Peacock:
One interesting fact is that the Peacock represents the logo of NBC which is why it is known as Peacock. If you have subscribed, you will get many free TV shows and movies. Although the free trial also provides you with plenty of good content. So if you bought the premium subscription, let us see how to cancel it in 5 minutes on your iPhone. You will find out that it is very similar to that of Netflix and Apple TV.
How is the Peacock different from the premium subscription?
Peacock provides various subscriptions, one of which is the free version. The rest 2 are the paid versions. You can either buy Peacock for free or premium plus. Listed below are the top features which are provided with each subscription pack:
- PeacockFree: Contains ads, Streaming 50 plus TV channels, series and Movies.
- Peacock Premium: Few ads, more shows, and Live Sports. You can also assess the NBC shows on the next day.
- Peacock Plus: Zero ads, offline watch all shows and movies.
How to discontinue the Peacock premium using safari?
If you are using iOS/ iPhone, you should know how to cancel the subscription using your iPhone’s browser, safari. It is the simplest and fastest way to end the live-streaming platform’s premium subscription. You should adopt this method only if you don’t know sign in to your account.
· Sign in to your Peacock account
If you are new to the Peacock account, you must visit the official website of Peacock TV. There you will find the option to log in, which is there on the right side.
Select the Login option. You will find the option of a popup asking you to enter your account information.
· Access Account
So after that, you will find many profiles. Select And after that, you will get the option of account setting. Select it.
· Manage your Account
Once you open the account, you will see different payment and plans options, devices, and settings. Now open the payment and plan option and select the plan you want to cancel. Once you open your plan, you will find the end date of the subscription.
· Cancel Peacock Subscription
Click on the manage the plan option. Follow the steps provided encounter confirm the option of subscription cancellation. Once you cancel your subscription, you will get a message to your registered mobile number and email.
How to cancel the Peacock subscription on your iPhone?
If you are using your mobile phone to cancel your subscription, you must log in to your Peacock account. You will find the option of cancellation on both iOS and Android devices. You can also easily downgrade or upgrade the subscription plan with the iOS app. One thing to note before canceling the Peacock subscription is that you should have downloaded the app from IOS App Store. Below are some of the steps which you should follow to cancel the Peacocks subscription in the US and Canada:
- Using your iPhone start the Peacock TV app on your IOS. If you are using an iPad, then you can also follow the same step.
- Now, in the account section, you will find the option for the subscription. If you don’t find this subscription tab, then you need to get them from the App Store or iTunes.
- Add your Apple ID if you have downloaded it from the app store.
- Now, select the Peacock channel and click on cancel.
One thing to note here is that if you cancel or downgrade the plan, you want to get credit or a refund. Although after cancellation, you won’t be charged anything. If you cannot find this method useful, then you can go to the web browser and search for the My plan section underpayments and plan. You will get all the information about the plan which you have selected.
Cancel the subscription on Mac
Well, if we are talking about iOS devices, how can we forget MacBooks? The MacBook is one of the best-selling laptops available in the market.
- Open App Store on your MacBook
- Select your name. If you don’t find it, then you can select sign in.
- Click on your account setting. Check for the subscription tab when going into manage apps.
- Next, you will find the option of editing my subscription.
- Once you select it, you will find the option of downgrading, upgraded, and cancellation.
- Select the option of cancellation. If you don’t find the cancellation option, you have not enrolled for any of the plans.
How to cancel your Peacock plan on Android devices?
We have seen how to delete the app on iOS devices, including the iPhone and MacBook. But if you are an Android user, here are some steps you can follow. The only difference is that you need to use Google Play to download the app.
- Open the play store and go to your profile.
- Select the option of subscription and payment. You will find all of your subscriptions under one roof. You need to select the Peacock app.
- Now, by selecting the Peacock app, you can easily cancel your subscription by clicking on the option of canceling the subscription
The downgrading process is very similar to the IOS, so you can follow the steps of IOS to downgrade your plan on an Android device.
How to Downgrade the Peacock Plan?
You can easily downgrade your account if you have any plan on Peacock, whether it is premium or premium plus. That means if you use premium plus, you can downgrade to premium. Or if you are using premium, you can downgrade it to a free account. Although as soon as you downgrade, you will find very few shows and movies, along with too many ads. Below we have listed steps that you can follow to downgrade your plan:
- First, make sure you have signed in to your Peacock account.
- Select the option of my account.
- Now, move to the section on plans and payment.
- You will find the option of changing the plan in the payment setting. You need to select the option of whatever plan you want. If you are using premium plus, you can select between the free and premium plans.
- Select and close the app, and you will find that your plan has been downgraded.
ü Important note
Suppose you find out that you cannot see the cancel my subscription option. Then that means you have already canceled your plan somehow. If you see the expiry date, then it will make you clear when your plan will get over. If you think that you can get rid of the subscription by deleting the app, but that’s not the case, you must follow the full procedure to cancel your subscription.
We are living in an era where live streaming services are at prominence. Many of the major networking sites have app tide with TV channels. NBC has launched its app to view all your favorite programs at one stop, even one of the major networking sites. In 2020, during the pandemic, NBC launched its streaming app “Peacock.” We have provided all the details to cancel the Peacock premium subscription on iPhone and iOS devices. So it would be best if you had a clear idea of how to do it and could easily downgrade the plan.
Suppose you don’t want to discontinue the subscription. With the Peacock TV, you can get a fantastic programming experience, especially for the sports lover. Apart from this, you can choose from the top packages provided by Peacock, which are one free version, premium plus, and premium. With the downgrading, you can save money and still experience many good shows.
You might want to see this:
- Why is my Peacock not working on Firestick – How to fix it?
- How to Get Peacock on Samsung Smart TV? A Simple Guide
- A Complete Peacock TV Channels List 2022 Guide
- Why My Peacock Not Working on Samsung TV – Easy solutions
- How to Get Peacock on Older LG Smart TV – Do it in a Few Seconds
- How to Get Peacock on LG Smart TV – Step-by-Step Guide
Home Automation >> Other >> Software & Apps >> How to Cancel a Subscription to Peacock on IPhone?