Aqara, a prominent producer of smart home devices, has announced the release of the A100 Zigbee Smart Door Lock. The A100 Zigbee is a mortise-style smart lock with fingerprint, password, Aqara Home app, Apple HomeKit/Siri, Google Assistant, NFC, and mechanical key authentication options. The lock supports remote unlock* via the Aqara Home app and other third-party platforms, and connects with other smart home devices* to create truly automated home experiences. It is equipped with both Bluetooth 5.0 and Zigbee 3.0 protocols for direct connection with Apple mobile devices and home hubs.
The Aqara A100 Zigbee has come onto the market in Malaysia and Singapore, and the availability is expected to expand to Russia as well as selected countries in Southeast Asia and the Middle East in the following months.
Apple HomeKit is seamlessly integrated into the A100 Zigbee lock, and it supports Apple’s home key function in Apple Wallet, which was introduced in iOS 15. To unlock the A100 Zigbee, users just tap their iPhone or Apple Watch. The lock also works with popular voice assistants such as Siri and Google Assistant, allowing users to check if the door is locked or ask the assistant to unlock the door.
The A100 Zigbee has a 3D fingerprint scanner with liveness detection that is ergonomically situated on the handle so that when the user presses the handle to open the door, their thumb naturally contacts it. Permanent, one-time, and recurring passwords (6-10 digits) are enabled, allowing users to quickly give and manage access for family members, guests, and frequent visitors such as dog walkers and babysitters (e.g., 9:00 – 10:00 A.M. of every Monday). This lock is perfect for rental properties since one-time and periodic passwords may be established and monitored remotely*.
Using eight AA batteries, the A100 Zigbee lock has a long battery life of 18 months**. A low battery warning will be pushed when the batteries drop below 20%, and even if the batteries run out, the user can open the lock by using the mechanical key, or by charging the lock with a power bank via the Type-C port.
The A100 Zigbee equips with strong security features to protect users and their homes, including:
- Auto-lock: the door is locked immediately after it’s closed;
- Anti-peep password: users can add random digits before and after the password to protect it from peeping and smudge attack;
- Night latch knob: the night latch knob controls a separate bolt, and once locked it can be opened either from inside or by using the administrator’s authentication from outside;
- Tamper alert: this alert will be triggered if the lock bolts detect unusual pressure being applied, or if the front panel being removed from the door;
- Door left open alert: this alert will be triggered if the door is left wide open for more than 10 seconds, or if left ajar and not fully closed for over 3 seconds;
- Abnormal attempts alert: this alert will be triggered after 5 failed authentication attempts, and the lock authentication will freeze for 3 minutes;
- Unlocking log: users could remotely check the lock status and unlocking log via the Aqara Home app*.
The A100 Zigbee might interact with other smart home accessories to provide home scenes and automation* thanks to Zigbee 3.0 capability. When customers leave home, they may arm Aqara Home’s Alert System by pressing the Away button on the keypad, which will turn on the security camera and sensors, as well as switch off the lights and air conditioners.
When the A100 Zigbee is opened by the mechanical key, automation may be developed to swivel the G3 Camera Hub to point at the door and send a smartphone notification, alerting people to see the camera stream for increased security. Users may construct personalized sceneries and automation that suit their requirements and home surroundings using the numerous Aqara accessories.
For more details of the A100 Zigbee lock, please visit our website.Home Automation >> News & Updates >> Aqara Launches A100 Zigbee Smart Door Lock with Apple Home Key Support