More and more of our home operations are slowly but steadily becoming automatic, and life gets a little simpler with each development. Such improvements also refer to the blinds covering our windows. Both the amount of light you allow into your home and when you want to let the light in are automated by the best smart blinds.
In this guide, you can read about the various styles of smart blinds, measure the features to consider while shopping for smart blinds, and check the selections for some of the best smart blinds on the market for your connected home’s windows.
Types of Smart Blinds
Motorized blinds that work through remote control or smart technologies are smart blinds. Any way, you can lift and lower smart blinds with just the click of a button.
These easy-to-use blinds are either powered with rechargeable batteries or hardwired into your home’s electrical framework. While hardwired options won’t require you to take time to recharge the batteries, they are a more considerable investment.
Smart Tech-Operated: With either a home hub or a mobile app, smart hardware blinds are controlled. Many of these blinds can be managed with voice commands and are compliant with Amazon Alexa. As they can be tailored to almost any lifestyle, this is the most convenient smart blind choice.
Remote Control-Operated: Remote control-operated blinds are similar to smart tech-operated blinds, but they don’t offer the same level of customization. While they are also motorized, these blinds use a specific remote control to function.
What to Look For Before Planning to Buy the Best Smart Blinds
Type of Blinds: Smart tech-operated and remote control-operated smart blinds, there are two subtypes: a rechargeable battery option and a hardwired option.
Driven by a rechargeable battery, one charge will last a long time. You can also buy additional rechargeable batteries, so you can use the other one to fuel your smart blinds when one battery charges.
Hardwired smart blinds are powered by your home’s current electricity. The installation of smart blinds of this sort is more difficult and needs a greater investment. Hardwired intelligent blinds might involve the installation of a professional
Size of the Window: Most designs available for smart blinds can be tailored to the height of the window that you need them for. Make sure you measure the correct size of window before go for purchase.
Smart Device Integration: Every smart system is not compatible with all smart blinds. Any smart blinds are expressly made for pairing with Amazon Alexa, while others only work for Apple devices or the smart technology of other firms. Some solutions can work with a range of smart devices, but it is vital to ensure that the smart blinds you are trying to purchase are paired with the smart devices.
Functionality: One of the primary functions of blinds is to block out some of the light that comes through your windows. They can also serve as a decorative item or to provide privacy. Blackout blinds block out all sunlight and create a dark and cozy space for individuals who need to rest during the day. Other kinds of smart blinds can filter sunlight and only allow a specific amount through even when fully closed. This is an excellent option for windows that flood hot afternoon sunlight into your home.
Remote Control: For remote control-operated smart blinds, there are several factors to consider when making a purchase. Many remote controls can operate multiple blinds at once; this type of remote control may be included with your purchase. However, check to confirm whether you need to purchase the remote control separately when buying smart blinds.
Installation: hardwire require installation which is a lengthy process, but after installation you don’t need to worry about battery replacement or connectivity issue.
With no wire smart blinds are the easiest to install and can be done DIY at home.
Style and Appearance: You may find that the number of style options for smart blinds is limited and they all seem quite similar. However, some manufacturers offer a wide range of colors and fabric types. Consider the fabric or color that would fit the aesthetic of each room in which you’ll be installing the smart blinds.
So Here Are the List of Best Smart Windows Blinds for Your Connected Home
Best Overall No Wire Smart Blinds
Yoolax Motorized Blind Shade for Window
Three options allow Yoolax to manage these smart blinds: a remote control, a smart bridge that connects directly to Amazon Alexa, and a mobile app that connects directly to both Amazon Alexa and Google Home. The remote control is multichannel and functions independently or all at once with up to 16 blinds.
- Easy to clean, you can wrap the dust either use dry or wet cloth. Insulation and noise reduce. Suitable for living room, bed room, study room, restaurant and business area.
- Its durable Jacquard blended fabric, thicker and texture feeling, backside white color, blackout shading.
- One motorized smart blind can be controlled by several multiple remote controls.
- Can be stopped at any position if you use the remote control. Up and down limit are basic programmed before shipment.
- P412 Remote Battery motor (15 channel remote/Timing remote) needs a smart bridge to connect to Alexa and Google Home.
- Motorized Blackout Window Shades is customized.
- 2 years warranty
Best Overall Remote Control
ZY Blinds Motorized Blackout Window Shades
This smart blinds from ZY Blinds are an excellent choice if you are looking for easy remote control-operated blinds without fussing with smart hubs. By including a remote that can control up to 15 blinds, you can configure your purchase; there is also the possibility of buying a single remote for a single blind at no added cost.
These blinds are powered by a rechargeable battery that lasts up to three months, and the motor is silent to ensure minimal interruptions.
- Blackout Wireless and Rechargeable window shades, built-in rechargeable motor with 78inch USB cable charge by power bank or socket, there is no wall power outlet needed, one charge lasts for three months.
- One Remote can control maximum 15 shades, procedures are set before delivery, and it can be used directly after installation.
- The motorized window blinds can only be controlled by remote, the opening and closing time cannot be set and no smart devices can be connected.
- Motorized window shades is custom made, you will see a “Customize Now” button on the top right. You then type inside mount or outside mount and your exact measurements to the 1/8th of an inch.
- 1 years warranty
Smart Blinds: Top 10 Homekit Supported Windows Blinds
Graywind Motorized 100% Blackout Roller Shade
Graywind makes another smart blind that protects your home from UV rays and helps your home maintain a comfortable and consistent temperature by blocking the heat in the summer months and holding it inside in the winter months.
- 100% blackout polyester & linen mixture with white waterproof back layer. Provide absolute privacy and additional energy saving.
- Fade-resistant and durable, easy to clean. Cordless design safe for children and pets. RoHS Certificated, environmental friendly. With valance and bottom rod increase the sense of advanced.
- High quality hardwired motor, need to be plug-in all the time. Can be wiring into household electrical circuit. One Remote can control at most 9 blinds.
- Compared to traditional motorized blinds, this blind can be controlled by mobile app (Compatible with Android & IOS) at any time, even you’re away from home.
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, you can create a group via APP to manage all blinds and control your smart home together.
- Two-year limited warranty on motors, remotes and a long-term complimentary technical support.
Smart Blinds: Smart Venetian BlindsHome Automation >> Other >> Smart Blinds >> Best Smart Windows Blinds for Your Connected Home