Many users are confused about how to reprogram a Roku remote, but in reality, the procedure is very easy and straightforward, just like when you program your Roku remote for the first time, as you can see in our other detailed topic. Reprogramming the remote only requires a small change, which you can see in this process.
Let’s Get Into How To Reprogram Roku Remote:
- Ensure the batteries in your Roku remote are fresh and charged.
- Press and hold the remote’s pairing button for at least five seconds.
- The remote will automatically try to connect to your Roku device and the green light should blink. It might not, however, connect right away. You might have to press the pairing button once more if that occurs.
- Additionally, you must set the display type and connect your Roku device to the Internet.
- After completing this, you should set the Roku remote to operate your TV.
- By looking at the settings menu or aiming your voice remote towards the TV, you can do this.
- Make sure to connect the surround sound to the TV during setup if the TV has it.
- Next, the Roku device needs to be connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure that the Roku device and the Roku remote are both connected to the same network. To connect to your Roku device, you can also use your standard IR remote. If the Roku remote doesn’t have a pairing button, you can still use the IR signal by just pointing it at the Roku device.
Use the remote that came with your Roku device if you’ve already bought a new one. After then, the app will function exactly like a TV remote!
How Can I Program My Roku Remote Manually?
To do this:
- First, open the battery compartment and make sure that the remote is in pairing mode.
- Next, hold down the remote’s pairing button for five seconds. Your new remote should now be recognized by your Roku device and paired with it. Both the remote’s tabletop and handheld versions function using this process.
- It is required to press and hold the pairing button for approximately 5 seconds when using a rechargeable remote.
- The status light on the remote will then start to continuously flash slowly and quickly. You can remove the pairing button once the flashes get faster.
- A pairing notification will be shown on the TV and your remote will attempt to pair with the Roku device.
The Roku needs to be connected to Wi-Fi next.
- This step will be bypassed if you have a Roku Express 4K+ or Ultra box. The Roku logo and language option menus should appear when you connect.
- Pair your remote with the Roku after choosing your preferred language to use.
You Might Want to see this:
- How to Sync a New Roku Remote without Pairing Button
- How To Reset A Roku Remote
- How to Connect Phone to Roku TV Without Wi-Fi or Remote
- Roku Internet Connection Problems