Here are a compilation of most of the problems of Schlage fe595 and troubleshooting against these issues is in detail for the users. However, you want to know how to add 4 digit code or how to change code without programing code go to these respective articles.
|User code (4DUC) does not unlock the lock.
|4DUC entered is not a valid 4DUC
|Green then Red
|User codes have been disabled. Enable User Codes.
|Does not light when numbers are pressed.
|1. Too many incorrect user codes have been Entered. Wait 30 seconds and try again.
2. If the keypad does not respond after 30 Seconds, then replace the battery.
|There is a delay before unlocking After a valid 4DUC is entered.
|Red then Green
|The battery is low and should be replaced.
|Blinking Red but no codes has been entered
|Quick Red Blinking
|The battery is dead and MUST be replaced.
|Cannot add a new 4DUC.
|19 4DUCs already exist. Delete a 4DUC before adding a new one.
|1. the Second 4DUC entered did not match the ﬁrst 4DUC entered.
2. The 4DUC matches the ﬁrst four digits of the existing 6DPC.
|Cannot delete a 4DUC.
|The second 4DUC entered did not match ﬁrst 4DUC entered
|Cannot change 6 digit programming code (6DPC).
|1. Second 6DPC entered did not match ﬁrst 6DPC entered.
2. First four digits of new 6DPC match an existing 4DUC.
|Cannot delete all user codes.
|6DPC entered second time is incorrect.
|Lock will not stay in programming mode.
|1. Any key other than was pressed immediately after programming mode was entered.
2. An incorrect entry was made during the programming process.
|For BE365, after pushing the Schlage button and rotating thumbturn, the deadbolt does not extend.
|Turn Lock Feature is disabled.
|I forgot my 6DPC.
|1. Check front of manual or back of keypad assembly for preset 6DPC.
2. If needed, restore lock to preset settings.
|Outside thumbturn does not freely spin after deadbolt is thrown.
|Lock is malfunctioning.
Frequently Asked Question
Schlage lock blinks green but won’t open
- Set the thumbturn to “unlocked” (vertical) position before u remove the inside cover to change the battery. Keep it in “unlocked” until you have completed the battery change and put the inside cover back on. Now u can put thumbturn in “locked” position and test your code. This is how it solved.
- Tap the safe with a rubber mallet 5 times above the panel and 5 times to the right of the panel.
If these above solutions failed to solve this issue, then go to a detail guide where you can find out the other reasons and how to fix this green light blinking but failed to open the door.
Schlage lock blinks red then Green
- Battery is low and should be replaced.
Schlage lock blue light
- Entire keypad glows blue during programming and when the Schlage button is pressed before pressing any codes.
Schlage keypad lock flashing green.
- When you entered the incorrect code, lock flashing green.
Factory reset Schlage lock
- Disconnect the battery.
- On the lock keypad, press and release the Schlage button.
- Reconnect the battery and wait until the Schlage button is no longer lit.
- Within ten (10) seconds, press and hold the Schlage button until it lights green and the lock beeps
How to replace Schlage Battery?
- Remove cover screws.
- Remove screw on upper left to release upper battery tray.
- Hold battery tray in place while loosening screw.
- Upper battery tray will be released. Fully remove tray and
- Remove old battery.
- Remove 9V battery.
- Remove the 9V connector from the old 9V battery.
- Replace with premium 9V alkaline battery.
How to open a Schlage lock with a dead battery and no key?
Follow these steps to perform an emergency jump start.
- Connect a new high-quality alkaline 9-volt battery to the contacts below the touchscreen and listen for the long beep.
- Keep the battery connected to the contact points as you unlock the door.
- Enter your user code and rotate the thumbturn toward the hinges.
- Replace the dead battery with the new 9V battery.
Icons and Lights
- Green light: A correct access code was entered.
- Red light: An incorrect access code was entered.
- Low battery icon: The battery is low.
- Flashing red battery icon: The battery is critically low.
For More Information: go to Schlage Support CenterHome Automation >> Brands >> Schlage >> Schlage Fe595 Troubleshooting – Complete Smart Lock Guide