Spotify is the go-to music software for most users when it comes to collecting music and curating playlists. On top of that, one of the key reasons people get a Amazon Alexa is so they can play music without having to search into their account to attach their phone to any speakers. No wonder so many people are disappointed that they can’t link their Spotify with their Echo. It will take the music experience to a whole new stage using Alexa Spotify Commands.
Here Are the List of Alexa Spotify Commands
- “Alexa, play Spotify.” -Plays music on your Alexa device from Spotify.
- “Alexa, play Spotify [Everywhere].” – You can play Spotify on all of your grouped devices if you have multiple Alexa or Sonos devices in a group.” For whole home audio systems, this is a perfect Alexa Spotify command.
- “Alexa, play Spotify [Group Name].” – Allows you to use this Alexa Spotify command to play Spotify on particular groupings or individual speakers. But if you really had to play music in the workplace, you’d say, “Alexa, play Office Spotify.”
- “Alexa, play Country.” – Plays the genre of country music on Spotify. You can use any music genre with this Alexa Spotify command.
- “Alexa, play [Music Type].” – This order will play any requested music genre or type.
- “Alexa, play my weekly Discover playlist.” -Plays weekly suggestions from Spotify songs for you.
- “Alexa, play [Playlist name].” -Play the picked music playlist that you saved from Spotify.
- “Alexa, what kind of Song is this.” -Alexa will tell you the name and artist of the current song that is being played.”
- “Alexa, play [Song Name] from Spotify.” – Plays requested song. If it has a similar name to other songs it’s a good idea to specify the artist also as we show in the next command.
- “Alexa, play [Song Name] by [Artist Name] from Spotify.” – Plays the requested song.
- “Alexa, play songs by [Artist Name] from Spotify.” – Plays music from selected artist.
- “Alexa, show me [songs, playlists, genres, albums] from Spotify” – This command only works with Alexa devices that have a screen like the Echo Show 2, Echo Spot or Echo Show 5
- “Alexa, Spotify connect.” or “Alexa, connect to Spotify.” – this allows you to direct connect to stream Alexa to a specific device.
Playback & Control Alexa Spotify Commands
- “Alexa, next song.” – Alexa skips to the next song.
- “Alexa, pause.” – Alexa will pause the track.
- “Alexa, play.” – Alexa will resume playing.
- “Alexa, resume.” – Alexa will resume playing.
- “Alexa, turn up the volume.” – Alexa will turn up the volume.
- “Alexa turn down the volume.” – Alexa will turn down the volume.
- “Alexa, set the volume to 3.” – Alexa will set the volume to 3 out of 10. This command allows you to adjust between 0 and 10. With 10 being max volume.
Alexa Spotify Commands: Setting Alarms
These commands may be changed by replacing the words within the brackets with your own favourite songs or playlists.
- “Alexa, wake me up at 6:45 a.m to [Post Malone.]”
- “Alexa, wake me up at 7:15 a.m. to playlist [my favorites.]”
- “Alexa, wake me up at 8:00AM to [By The Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers.]”