The Sonos Move and Move 2 are two popular models of Sonos speakers that offer exceptional audio quality and versatility. With their true stereo sound capabilities and Dolby Atmos support, these speakers deliver an immersive listening experience. Mobile speakers with true stereo sound and Dolby Atmos support are the perfect choice for music enthusiasts, whether at home or on the go. These speakers deliver an immersive listening experience, bringing your favorite music to life.
By examining the switch from mono to stereo sound output, users can make an informed decision based on their specific needs and preferences. With the introduction of atmos, users now have a new move to consider when deciding between mono and stereo sound output. This new move offers a more immersive audio experience.
Join us as we dive into this detailed comparison between the original Sonos Move and its successor, the Move 2. Discover which speaker aligns better with your audio requirements while enjoying an immersive music experience at home or on-the-go.
Release date and price of Sonos Move 2
Availability and launch date of Sonos Move 2
The highly anticipated Sonos Move 2 is expected to hit the market soon. While an exact release date has not been confirmed, industry insiders speculate that it will be available for purchase in the coming months. Sonos enthusiasts can look forward to getting their hands on this upgraded version in the near future.
Expected Launch Date as pec the Sources:
The Sonos Move 2 was released on September 6, 2023 and went on sale globally on September 20, 2023.
This launch date was predicted earlier this year by The Verge, which has a solid track record when it comes to leaking Sonos products.
Pricing details for the upgraded version
We were surprised to see that the Sonos Move 2 is priced the same as the Era 300 wireless speaker, despite having fewer drivers and not supporting spatial audio or hi-res audio over Wi-Fi. The Move 2 is portable, while the Era 300 is not. This makes the Move 2 a good choice for people who want a portable speaker with good sound quality, but the Era 300 is a better choice for people who want a stationary speaker with the best possible sound quality.
The Sonos Move 2 will cost a rather substantial £449 / $449 / €499 / AU$799 when it goes on sale.
Information on where to purchase the Sonos Move 2
Interested buyers will have various options available. As with previous Sonos products, customers can expect it to be sold through authorized retailers worldwide. Online platforms such as Amazon and the official Sonos website are likely destinations where users can conveniently order this cutting-edge device.
New features and improved sound quality of Sonos Move 2
Sonos Move 2: A portable speaker that raises the bar
The Sonos Move 2 is a new portable speaker that offers a number of improvements over the original model. It has automatic Trueplay technology, which optimizes the sound based on the speaker’s surroundings. It also has angled tweeters, which deliver crisp highs and clear mid-range tones.
The Move 2 can be paired with another Move 2 or compatible Sonos speakers to create a true stereo soundstage. It also has touch controls for effortless playback control and volume adjustment.
As a Bluetooth speaker, the Move 2 provides seamless connectivity to your devices, allowing you to stream music from various sources without any hassle.
In simpler words:
The Sonos Move 2 is a portable speaker that sounds better and is easier to use than the original. It can be paired with other Sonos speakers to create a bigger sound, and it has touch controls for easy playback. It also works with Bluetooth, so you can stream music from any device.
Design updates and color options: Sonos Move vs Move 2
The Sonos Move and Move 2 speakers boast some notable design updates and offer a range of color options to suit various preferences. Let’s dive into the changes in design aesthetics between both models, the available color choices for each speaker version, and any notable design enhancements in the newer model.
Changes in design aesthetics between both models:
- The Sonos Move features a sleek and modern design that seamlessly fits into any room or outdoor space.
- On the other hand, the Sonos Move 2 introduces some exciting alterations to its predecessor’s design.
- Notable changes include a revamped volume slider for easier control of sound levels.
Available color choices for each speaker version:
- The Sonos Move comes in a classic black finish, adding an elegant touch to any home or garden setting.
- In contrast, the Sonos Move 2 offers more versatility with additional color options to choose from:
- A sophisticated white variant that blends seamlessly with contemporary interiors.
- A stylish graphite option that complements various decor styles.
Exploring any notable design enhancements in the newer model:
- While both speakers share a similar form factor and base functionality, the Sonos Move 2 brings some noteworthy improvements:
- Enhanced room-filling sound capabilities that elevate your listening experience at home or outdoors.
- A refined size and weight, making it even more portable without compromising on audio quality.
Enhanced battery life and charging options: Sonos Move vs Move 2
The battery life of a portable speaker is crucial for uninterrupted music enjoyment on the go. When comparing the Sonos Move and the newer Move 2, it’s important to consider their respective battery capabilities and charging options.
Battery Life Durations
Both the Sonos Move and Move 2 offer impressive battery life durations, ensuring extended playtime without interruptions. However, there are notable differences between the two models:
- The Sonos Move provides up to 10 hours of continuous playback on a single charge.
- In contrast, the Move 2 boasts an enhanced battery performance, delivering an impressive playback time of up to 12 hours.
Charging options also differ between these two speakers. Here’s what you can expect from each model:
- The original Move comes with a built-in rechargeable battery that can be charged using its included base station or any compatible USB-C charger.
Sonos Move 2:
- The newer iteration, Move 2, retains the same charging methods as its predecessor.
- It can be conveniently charged using either the provided base station or any USB-C charger for added flexibility.
Notable Improvements in Battery Performance
One significant improvement in the Sonos Move 2 is its enhanced battery performance compared to its predecessor. With an additional two hours of playback time, users can enjoy their favorite tunes for longer periods without needing to recharge.
Stereo playback capability and USB-C line-in: Sonos Move vs Move 2
Superior Sound Quality: Stereo Playback in Sonos Move 2
Stereo sound is taken to new heights with the Sonos Move 2, creating an unparalleled audio experience. The dual speakers in this portable Bluetooth speaker deliver enhanced sound separation and depth, immersing you in your favorite music like never before.
With true stereo playback, the Sonos Move 2 brings a new level of richness to your listening environment. The combination of two speakers allows for a wider soundstage, making you feel as if you’re surrounded by the music. Whether you’re enjoying a solo dance party or hosting a gathering with friends, the Sonos Move 2 fills the room with captivating audio.
Sonos has always been known for its commitment to exceptional sound quality, and the Move 2 is no exception. By incorporating Dolby Atmos technology into its design, this speaker elevates your music to new heights. Experience every note and beat with stunning clarity and precision.
The Sonos Move 2 features automatic Trueplay tuning. This innovative feature analyzes the acoustics of your surroundings and adjusts the audio output accordingly. So whether you’re indoors or outdoors, your music will always sound its best.
USB-C Line-In Feature
- The Sonos Move 2 takes it a step further by introducing the USB-C line-in feature, providing additional versatility for your audio setup.
- With the USB-C line-in port, you can directly connect external devices such as smartphones or tablets to play music through the speaker.
- This feature eliminates the need for Bluetooth or Wi-Fi streaming and ensures a reliable connection for uninterrupted playback.
Immersive Audio Experience
-Both speakers excel in their own ways.
- The stereo playback capabilities of both models enhance spatial awareness and deliver a more realistic soundstage.
- The USB-C line-in feature on the Move 2 expands its connectivity options, allowing users to customize their listening experience according to their preferences.
Google Assistant and Wireless Charging: Sonos Move vs Move 2
Integration with Google Assistant
- Both Sonos Move and Move 2 offer seamless integration with Google Assistant.
- Users can control the speakers using voice commands, making it convenient to play music, adjust volume, or ask questions.
- With Google Assistant, users can also access various smart features and services through their wireless speakers.
Wireless Charging Compatibility
- The Sonos Move is compatible with wireless charging technology.
- This allows users to simply place the speaker on a compatible wireless charging pad for effortless recharging.
- On the other hand, the Move 2 takes it a step further by introducing an integrated wireless charging base station.
- This base station not only charges the speaker but also serves as a dedicated spot for keeping the speaker when not in use.
- The inclusion of wireless charging in both models eliminates the hassle of dealing with cables and connectors.
- Users can easily charge their speakers without having to search for power outlets or untangle cords.
- With Google Assistant integration, controlling music playback or accessing information becomes even more convenient, as it can be done hands-free using voice commands.
Conclusion: Sonos Move vs Move 2
We have discussed various aspects such as release date, price, new features, sound quality, controls, design updates, battery life, charging options, stereo playback capability, and additional functionalities like Google Assistant and wireless charging.
The Sonos Move 2 brings several enhancements compared to its predecessor. With improved sound quality and new features like stereo playback capability and USB-C line-in, it offers an even more immersive audio experience. The updated design options and color choices provide users with greater customization possibilities. The enhanced battery life ensures longer playtime without interruptions.
If you are considering purchasing a portable speaker that delivers exceptional audio performance both indoors and outdoors while offering advanced features like Google Assistant integration and wireless charging capabilities, then the Sonos Move 2 is definitely worth considering. Its upgraded specifications make it a compelling option for those who value high-quality sound on the go.
Q1: Can I use the Sonos Move 2 as part of a multi-room setup?
Yes! The Sonos Move 2 can be seamlessly integrated into your existing Sonos ecosystem. You can connect it with other compatible Sonos speakers to create a multi-room setup for synchronized music playback throughout your home.
Q2: Is the Sonos Move 2 waterproof?
While not fully waterproof, the Sonos Move 2 has an IP56 rating which means it is resistant to dust and can withstand water splashes. It is designed to handle outdoor conditions but should not be submerged in water.
Q3: Does the Sonos Move 2 support Bluetooth connectivity?
Yes! The Sonos Move 2 supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options. This allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone or other Bluetooth-enabled devices when Wi-Fi is not available.
Q4: Can I control the Sonos Move 2 with voice commands?
Absolutely! The Sonos Move 2 comes with built-in voice control, including support for Google Assistant. You can easily manage your music playback, adjust volume, and even control other smart devices using simple voice commands.
Q5: How long does it take to fully charge the Sonos Move 2?
The Sonos Move 2 features a fast-charging capability through its USB-C port. It takes approximately three hours to fully charge the speaker from empty to maximum battery capacity.