Here is how to connect your Google Nest to your home Wi-Fi network
Follow these steps:
- Press the ring on the Google Nest to bring up the menu.
- Select Settings.
- Turn the ring and select Network.
- Select your wireless network (it may take a moment for your network to appear).
- Enter your home Wi-Fi password.
- Select Done.
Note: If you have trouble connecting your Google Nest or have further questions about your Google Nest then see follow checklist:
Recommended Wi-Fi network and router settings
These settings are recommended for use with Nest products. They can help improve the performance of your Nest products and help to resolve Wi-Fi connection problems.
Before you begin
You probably don’t need to make any changes to your Wi-Fi network or router settings unless:
- You’re having trouble connecting your Nest product to Wi-Fi during setup in the app.
- Your Nest product is experiencing connection issues after you’ve set it up in the app.
Before you change any Wi-Fi network or router settings, refer to our Troubleshoot Wi-Fi and connection issues article to check if you can fix the problem you’re experiencing with your Nest product. Do not change Wi-Fi settings unless instructed to.
If you’re not familiar with Wi-Fi access point or router settings, contact your internet service provider (ISP) or router manufacturer for help with these settings.
Summary of recommended settings
Here are the most important recommended Wi-Fi network and router settings for use with Nest products. For more details, refer to the sections below.
- Enable 802.11 b/g/n if you have an 802.11 ac router.
- Set your Wi-Fi router’s DHCP lease time to at least 2 hours.
- Turn on your router’s Power Save Mode (PSM), if you have a Nest thermostat.
Important things to do before you change settings
- Check that your router and network will work with Nest products
- Download the manual for your router
- Back up your router’s current settings
- Update your router’s firmware or software
After you’ve followed the previous steps, you can start to change your router’s settings. It’s recommended to start with basic Wi-Fi router settings first.
Each router is unique, so check the manual for specific information on how to change the settings below.
Note: After you update Wi-Fi settings, you may need to update the Wi-Fi information for your Nest products in the app so that they can connect to your Wi-Fi network.Home Automation >> Brands >> Google >> How to Connect Google Nest to Wi-Fi