This article will show you how to do a factory reset on a Google Home, Google Home Mini, Google Home Max, or Google Nest Mini. It also tells you when and why you should reset this sort of device, as well as when you shouldn’t.
How to Reset a Google Home?
The Google Home lacks a separate factory reset button. Instead, it employs the Microphone Mute button on the device’s rear for this function. Hold the button down for 12-15 seconds, like with the Home Mini. When the Assistant confirms that it is resetting the device, you may let go of the button.
After you reset your Google Home, you can set it up again just as you did when it was fresh out of the box
How to Factory Reset a Google Home Mini?
There are two ways you can reset a google home mini:
By holding down the factory data reset (FDR) button, you may generally reset the device and restore it to a new out-of-the-box condition. A factory data reset deletes all data on the device, including settings and personal information.
When you follow these instructions, performing a factory reset on Google Home mini takes less than a minute:
Google Home Mini Reset (Ist Generation)
The Google Home Mini has a dedicated FDR button on the bottom of the device. Look for it just below the power plug; you’ll notice a simple round circle.
- Press the Hold Reset button down for about 5 seconds to reset the Google Home Mini.
- Continue Holding the Reset button for the next 10 seconds until you hear a chime.
- Release the button.
- Wait for the speaker to reset and restart
Your device is now reset.
Google Nest Mini Reset (2nd Generation)
The Google Nest Mini does not have a dedicated FDR button. It uses the Mic On/Off button instead.
- Switch the mic off from the side of the Nest Mini. The LEDs will turn orange.
- Press and hold the center of the top of the device where the lights are. You will be alerted that you are about to “fully reset this device.” Keep your finger on the speaker.
- The reset process will begin after 5 seconds, but keep holding down for 10 more seconds until you hear a sound confirming that the Nest Mini is resetting.
How to Reset Your Google Mini If the Default Method Does Not Work?
If your speaker is experiencing difficulties, it may not respond to the standard reset procedure. If you are unable to reset the speaker, Google has given a backup option for resetting the Google Mini.
A word of caution: it is time-consuming and exhausting. However, this should perform even if the primary method fails.
1. Unplug your Google Mini for 10 seconds, then reconnect it. Wait until all four LED lights on the speaker’s top light up.
2. Repeat step -1 10 times more: disconnect it, wait, then plug it back in until the lights turn on. Repeat this 11 times in a row.
3. When you plug the Mini back in for the last time, it should take a bit longer to restart – it’s resetting, and when it turns back on, it will be factory reset
How to Reset a Google Home Max?
1. Click and hold the Reset Button on the back of the GOOGLE Home Max for more than 12 seconds.
2. The lights in front of the GOOGLE Home Max will begin to flash and different voice commands will be performed; continue to hold the Reset Key.
3. When you hear a little beep, release the Reset Button.
How to Reboot a Google Home Mini?
Instead of executing a full factory reset, you can perform a simple power cycle to reboot your Home Mini.
Step 1: Unplug the device, leave it unplugged for about one minute, and then plug it back in.
Step 2: Alternatively, you can use the Google Home app and navigate to Settings > Device Settings, then tap the More button (the three dots) to choose Reboot.
Reset a google home, mini, and max isn’t difficult, just a 2 minutes job if properly followed the procedures, any issues with your device, resetting is the most suggested option.
You Might Want to see this:
- How to Connect Google Nest to Wi-Fi
- How to Connect Google Home to Wi-Fi is easier than you think.
- Why couldn’t I Remove the Device From Google Home?
- How to Delete a Home in Google Home
For Further information: Continue to Google Support