Here is how to delete a home in google home, If you’re the sole member of a house, you may remove it via the Home app.
If you are not the only member of a household, you must first use the Google Home app to delete all other members. Otherwise, you’ll only be able to remove yourself from the home, while the other members of the household will continue to have access to it and its contents.
When you delete a home:
- The home is removed from your Google Account.
- You won’t be able to use the Home app to control devices you added to this home, including lights, displays, speakers, cameras, thermostats and locks, unless you set those devices up again in a new home.
- Data associated with the home, such as video history from Nest cameras you might own or thermostat settings, is deleted. Note: Data associated with your Google Account is not deleted if you delete your home. Learn how to remove data associated with your account.
To delete a home:
- Open the Google Home app.
- Switch to the home you want to delete.
- Tap Settings – Delete this home – Delete.
More: How To Remove A Device From Google Home
How do I remove Google home and start over?
On the bottom of Home Mini, press and hold the factory reset button located below the power cord. Look for a circle etched into the base. After 5 seconds, your device will begin the factory reset process. Continue to hold for about 10 seconds more, until a sound confirms that the device is resetting.
How do I remove a Home from the Nest app?
If you’re the Owner, removing a home from the app will also remove:
- Any Nest products that have been added to the home from the app
- Anyone you’ve invited to share access from the home
- At the top left corner of the app home screen, tap Menu.
- Select the home that you want to remove.
- At the top right corner, tap Settings.
- Select Home info.
- Tap Leave home.
- Tap Leave to confirm.