Unfortunately you cannot change lock without entering programming code to unlock the feature of changing keypad lock. This Guideline of How to Reset Schlage Keypad Lock Without programming code is for all Schlage electronic and smart locks.
So what to do when you forgot a programming code wants to change a keypad lock?
You have to reset it to default setting to remove current programming and keypad code to be able to set new keypad and programming code.
So first how to Reset Schlage Keypad lock?
- 1. Disconnect the batteries.
- 2. Press and hold the Outside Schlage Button.
- 3. While holding the Outside Schlage Button, Reconnect the batteries.
- 4. Release the Outside Schlage Button.
- 5. To check that the lock was reset, press the Outside Schlage Button and enter one of the Default User
- 6. If the reset was successful, the lock will perform a setup routine. Wait until the bolt stops moving. The reset and setup are complete.
Default Codes Locations
Codes are located on the sticker on the back of this guide. They are also located on the back of the Alarm Assembly.
After this Process Now you can change new keypad lock as per your wish.
Here a Quick Guideline of How to do it.
Add/Delete User Code
- Enter 6 Digit Programming Code (You just have to put default code)
- Press – 1 for ADD and Press-2 for Delete User Code
- New 4-8 Digit User Code
- To verify: 2 blinks + 2 beeps
For More Information Visit: www.schlage.com User Guideline