You’re not alone if you’re having problems configuring your Wyze Base Station since it’s linked to another account. Users of Wyze frequently experience this problem, which can be frustrating to deal with.
Thankfully, there are actions you can take to fix the issue and restart your base station.
When a device is purchased second-hand or from a vendor who has already sold the identical equipment to someone else, it’s one of the most frequent reasons for the “base station associated with another account” problem.
In these circumstances, it’s possible that the previous owner neglected to completely disconnect the device from their Wyze account, leaving it connected to their account and inaccessible to you. Don’t worry if you’re having this problem.
In this article, we’ll provide you some guide and methods for setting up and using your Wyze Base Station, even if it’s linked to another account.
|What to do
|Missing lack of camera ownership
|The error message you’re receiving is due to a lack of camera ownership is due to a used device you are having.
|Reset the Wyze camera will fix this issue.
Note: You have to remove a previous accounts to fix this issue.
|Previous owner account is still attached
|Purchase base station is still under the account of previous owners.
|To remove a associate account, you have to reset and remove a previous owners account.
Here Is a Detail Guide of How to Fix Wyze Base Station Associated With another Account
1. Reset the Wyze Camera
You are getting an error message because you do not own a camera. You’ll need to reset the camera by deleting any personal data it has stored in order to fix this. The steps to restart a Wyze camera are as follows:
- All SD cards should be removed from the camera.
- For 10 to 20 seconds, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera.
- For Wyze Cam v1: Press and hold it for 20 seconds.
- Wait at least 30 seconds for the camera to start the reset procedure (this could take more time).
- The LED status light on the device will change from Solid Yellow to Blinking Yellow.
- For Wyze Cam v3: The light will turn red.
The device is now ready to be setup again.
The camera will signal that it’s ready to connect once the reset procedure is finished. It’s crucial to keep in mind that this procedure only works with Wyze indoor cameras.
Direct factory resets are not possible for outside cameras owing to security reasons. However, by placing a paper clip into the tiny hold button adjacent to the USB connection, you can still reset the device from its base station.
Resetting the device could seem like a pain, but it’s required when setting up a used item.
Redefining all setups after the reset is finished should fix any base station-related problems.
Additionally, see How to Reset Wyze Base Station.
2. Remove Existing Wyze Camera Owners
First and foremost, make sure the camera and base station are not connected to the account of the former owner. It is useless to just reset the camera without deleting the base station from other accounts.
Therefore, before starting the setup procedure, it is required to ask the former owner to delete the base station from their account.
By doing this, the camera should operate without a hitch after being attached to the system.
In the end, it is critical to approach the circumstance appropriately. Buying used accessories is not advised because they could cause issues down the road.
It is essential to make sure that all associated accounts are deleted and the devices are reset in order to fully own the devices.
3. Changing Your Subscription To an another Device
Thankfully, Wyze’s mobile app gives users the opportunity to give another user ownership of a device. The actions to take are:
- Get your phone Wyze app
- Select Services in the Account section.
- Select the Device Cam Plus that you own by going to the Cam Plus tab.
- Decide the device you wish to move your subscription to.
- The subscription will automatically update after you’ve decided on a device. When transferring the subscription, it’s crucial to make sure you’ve chosen the right device.
It is advised to contact the Wyze help center for official assistance if you have questions about this process or problems with your subscription status. They’ll be able to assist you throughout the process and solve any issues you run into.
You may quickly transfer ownership and fix any issues with your Wyze device by following these instructions and asking for assistance if necessary.
4. Sharing the Wyze Camera with a Different User
Another possible explanation for getting the same problem could be because another authorized user tried to access these Wyze cameras without the necessary authorization.
You must share your Wyze cam with other family members in order to avoid this problem. Take these actions:
- Start by opening the Wyze app on your smartphone.
- Choose the chosen camera for sharing with the other user from the Home area.
- Locate the sharing option by tapping the Settings icon.
- Choose the user or input their email address from the Recent Shares tab.
- Enter the user email address if they already have a Wyze account. If not, Wyze will automatically generate a user invitation.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click “Share” to finish.
By doing this, you can preserve admin privileges while sharing your Wyze cam devices with multiple family members.
Additionally, because your account will always have the admin status, you do not need to give up control.
Additionally, you can quickly change or remove the device owners at any moment. Everything relies on how you intend to change the security system and enable family members or roommate’s access.
5. Addressing Account-Related Problems
The support team at the Wyze help center offers great assistance, and they can swiftly aid you in resolving any issues that may arise.
The best course of action for you may be to rely on the official Wyze assistance given the abundance of aspects to take into account.
An account-related error that might occasionally happen is one of the most frustrating issues to troubleshoot. Users who see this error may have trouble connecting to new devices, and you might be having the same problem.
The best course of action in this situation is to open a support ticket and request that the professionals look at your case.
They will evaluate every facet of the problem and give you a list of doable activities to help you get over any difficulties.
All you have to do is adhere to the advice and directions given by these experts. By doing this, solving the issue will be simple, and you won’t need to use trial-and-error techniques.
It all boils down to asking for official help and letting them guide you to an effective answer.
As an alternative, you could try to link the camera to another account after resetting it. As you work to identify the root of the issue, this method may provide you more understanding of it.
It is clear that the current account is the cause of the issue if the Wyze system connects to the new account without any problems.
You must investigate the likelihood of base station issues, though, if you keep running into the same mistake. This is especially true if you bought the station from a third-party vendor because maintaining these device over time can be challenging.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I reset my Wyze Base Station for a new owner?
To reset your Wyze Base Station for a new owner, follow these steps:
- Locate the reset button on the back of the Base Station.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 20 seconds using a pin or a small tool.
- Release the reset button after 20 seconds.
- Wait for the Base Station to reboot and reset to its default settings.
- The Base Station is now ready to be set up by the new owner. They can follow the initial setup process using the Wyze app to connect and configure the Base Station with their account.
How do I connect my Wyze Base Station to a new account?
To connect your Wyze Base Station to a new account, please follow these steps:
- Download and install the Wyze app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Open the Wyze app and sign in with your new Wyze account or create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Tap the “+” icon to add a new device.
- Select “Add Device” and choose “Wyze Base Station” from the list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to power on the Base Station and connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- The app will guide you through the setup process, including scanning the QR code on the Base Station and configuring the device settings.
- Once the setup is complete, the Wyze Base Station will be connected to your new Wyze account, and you can start using it to manage your Wyze devices.
You might want to see this:
- How to Power Cycle Wyze Camera? A Complete Guide
- How to Setup Wyze Camera? Step by Step a Complete Guide
- Best Indoor Security Camera