Want to use voice commands to manage your Nest thermostat? You may simply manage the temperature in your house with Alexa by linking your Amazon Alexa account to your Nest thermostat(s), before Alexa Commands for the nest thermostat, here is how to connect Alexa with the Nest thermostat.
Before you can link Alexa to Nest, you’ll need to migrate your Nest account to a Google account.
By using the Nest app on your smartphone, you may check the status of your Nest account. In the upper-right corner, tap the Settings cog.
You should now look for the option to “Migrate to a Google Account.” If you don’t see this option, you’ve successfully migrated your account and may go to the next stage! If you do come across a “Migrate… ” option, tap it and read the disclaimer.
If you’re ready to move forward, click “Continue with Google” and choose the Google Account you’d like to use. The different privacy policies and terms & conditions are now available for inspection. Tap “Done” if you’re still ready to go. Your Google account will now be migrated.
Enable the Google Nest skill for Amazon Alexa
1. Launch the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Along the bottom of the app, tap the “Devices” tab.
3. Tap “Your Smart Home Skills -> Enable Smart Home Skills.”
4. Search for “Google Nest.”
5. When the Google Nest skill appears, give it a tap.
6. Tap “Enable to Use.”
7. When prompted, log in to your Amazon Alexa account.
8. On the subsequent screen, grant Alexa access to your home’s information.
9. Alexa will now list all the Nest devices you can connect to your Amazon Alexa account.
10. Read the disclaimer, and if you’re happy to proceed, tap “Next.”
11. Select the Google account you want to link to Alexa.
12. Grant Amazon Alexa permission to link to your selected Google account and permission to control your Nest devices.
13. Google Nest and Amazon Alexa are now successfully connected.
At this point, Your Nest and Alexa accounts are connected. However, Amazon Alexa still needs to discover your individual Nest devices.
Amazon Alexa should prompt you to discover devices automatically, but if it doesn’t, you can trigger a scan manually:
1. Along the bottom of the Amazon Alexa app, tap “Devices.”
2. Tap “Thermostats.” You should now see all the Nest thermostats that are connected to your network
3. Tap each device you want to link to Alexa.
After adding all your Nest devices, tap the “Devices” tab followed by “All Devices.” Your Nest devices should now appear in this list.
Alexa Nest Thermostat Commands
You may now use Alexa Nest instructions to manage your Nest thermostat. You can alter the temperature or find out what the current temperature is in your house. It’s worth remembering that if you have more than one thermostat, you should give each one a name in the app to make things easier.
This is also a useful function for ensuring that the house is lovely and toasty when you get out of bed in the morning or adjusting the temperature as you prepare to sleep. When you utilize these helpful instructions, you’ll always obtain correct readings.
- “Alexa, set thermostat to 72 degrees” – Set’s the nest thermostat to the desired temperature.
- “Alexa, set thermostat to heating mode” – Set’s the nest thermostat to heat mode.
- “Alexa, set thermostat to cooling mode” – Set’s the nest thermostat to cooling mode.
- “Alexa, set thermostat to eco mode” – Set’s the nest thermostat to eco mode.
- “Alexa, set thermostat to away” – Set’s the nest thermostat to away mode.
- “Alexa, set thermostat to home” – Set’s the nest thermostat to home Mode.
- “Alexa, what is the thermostat temperature?” – Alexa will respond with the current temperature of the nest thermostat.
If you have more than one thermostat you will need to call your thermostat by the name you set for it in the nest app. You can also use the name you set for the nest thermostat in the app instead of saying “thermostat” if you prefer.
So to set the temperature of a thermostat named living room you would say:
“Alexa, set living room to 72 degrees”Home Automation >> Brands >> Amazon >> Alexa Nest Thermostat Commands