Have a problem but can’t figure out how to solve it? Here are full tips of Amazon Smart Plug Troubleshooting against a basic and often discussed concern by users of this plug.
Here Are the List of Amazon Smart Plug Troubleshooting
Problem-1 Alexa Can’t Discover Amazon Smart Plug
Try these steps:
- Check that your Alexa device and the Alexa app have the latest software version.
- Make sure that your Alexa device and your Amazon Smart Plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check that your device is within 30 ft (9 m) of your Amazon Smart Plug.
- Reset your Amazon Smart Plug: press and hold the button on the side of the device for 12 seconds. Then set up Amazon Smart Plug again.
Problem-2 Amazon Smart Plug Not Responding
Try these steps:
- Make Sure The Device Is Updated: The first step you should take if you encounter any errors is to make sure both your Amazon Alexa app and your Amazon Smart Plug are updated to the latest version. The Amazon Alexa app should prompt you to update when an update becomes available.
- Avoid Potential Errors During Setup: There are steps you can take to ensure a smooth setup.
- Keep your phone within 30 feet of your smart plug during setup
- Turn off low-power or power-saving mode on your phone during the setup process.
- If you are using the barcode to setup the device, try using the one from the quick start guide rather than the barcode on the back of the Amazon Smart Plug. This ensures you don’t need to unplug the device to scan the code.
- Ensure The Plugs Are Powered: Depending on the layout of your home, power to outlets may be controlled through a switch on the wall. If your Amazon smart plug is not responding, make sure the outlet it’s plugged into has power.
- Reset Your Router: An unresponsive smart home device can be corrected simply by restarting your router. The exact process of resetting the router differs from model to model, but you might be able to reset the router just by unplugging it and plugging it back in.
- Reset the Amazon Smart Plug to Factory Settings: If everything failed to resolve your smart plug issue then you might need to reset to factory setting, most of the time it will resolve almost all problems.
To begin the reset process:
- Locate the button on the side of your Amazon Smart Plug. Press and hold it down for 12 seconds.
- LED on the plug will begin flashing red and blue.
- When it reaches this point, you can set up the plug once more.
- Reconnect your Amazon Smart Plug to Alexa in the Alexa app.
Problem-3 Amazon Smart Plug Routine Not Working
Restart your device:
- Unplug your Amazon Smart Plug from the outlet, and then plug it back in.
- Reset your Amazon Smart Plug: press and hold the button on the side of the device for 12 seconds.
Problem-4 Amazon smart plug setup provisioning failure
- Try unplugging your device from the wall outlet, and then plug it back in.
- Uninstall the Alexa app,
- Restart your mobile device: Hold the side button for 12 seconds/until the LED turns red without flashing blue.
- Wait for the LED to start showing blue again.
- Try connecting again
Problem-5 Amazon Smart Plug Blinking Red
If the smart plug’s LED is blinking red that is usually a sign that it is having trouble with internet connectivity. Try these troubleshooting steps to reconnect:
- Check the internet network to see that it is working and that all devices are connected to the same network.
- Make sure the smart plug is at least six feet away from the router, and within 30 feet from your smart home hub or smart device.
- Make sure all necessary hardware and software are updated.
- Reset and restart the smart plug, smart device, and/or smartphone application used to access them.