I’ve had a Firestick for quite some time and enjoy the ease of use and additional connections that it provides.
What to do? When you lost your fire stick remote, what options do I have?
After conducting a thorough investigation, I discovered several really creative and adaptable methods for replacing my misplaced Fire Stick controller.
It is feasible to link your new Fire Stick remote without the old one, but there are only two ways to do so. Although the procedure of pairing a new remote with your Firestick without the old one may be extended to three steps if you’re willing to format your Fire TV and return it to factory settings, this is only if you’re ready to format your Fire TV.
How to Pair a New Fire Stick Remote without the Old One?
To pair the new remote without the old one
- Unpair the old remote using the new remoted after paired
- Use the Firestick app to remove the old one from the paired list.
- Reset your Fire TV to default settings.
How to use the Fire Stick Mobile App to pair a new Fire Stick Remote without the old one and without Wi-Fi?
- Download and install the Firestick app for your Android or iPhone. It is free for both OS.
- Open the app,
- Select the ‘Controllers and Bluetooth Devices
- Enter the new remote’s information.
- Select ‘Amazon Fire TV Remotes’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the ‘Add New Remote’ option to continue.
- Select the name of the Firestick you want to pair with your TV.
- Enter the TV remote pair activation code on the TV screen and click on the continue button.
- Confirm the name of the Firestick to confirm the pairing.
Once you have successfully paired the new remote then it’s time to unpair the old one and no Wi-Fi.
How to Unpair Old Remote from Fire Stick
- Unplug your Firestick from the back of the TV.
- Unplug the Firestick TV from the power outlet
- Wait for about 6 seconds.
- Plug both the Firestick and TV and press the power button on the new remote.
The process above will unpair your old Firestick remote without WiFi or interfere with the new remote to be paired. These steps should also remove the old paired remote and if it doesn’t check out how to remove or unpair the Firestick remote.
Unpair Old Fire Stick Remote using the new Remote
You may unpair the old Firestick remote from the TV settings after pairing the new Firestick remote with your Fire TV stick. There, we’ll talk about how to pair a new Fire Stick remote without the old one and without Wi-Fi.
- Press the “Home” button on your “Remote” to return to the TV home screen.
- Navigate to and select “Settings.”
- Scroll to and choose “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.”
- Select “Amazon Fire TV Remotes” to pair, unpair, and update Fire TV remote software/firmware.
- Navigate to the name of the old remote and press the menu button on the new remote.
- Choose the “Confirm” option to unpair the old Firestick remote.
However, if all attempts on How to Pair a new Fire Stick Remote Without the old one and no WiFi proved abortive, you can resolve to reset your Firestick to factory setting to unpair and remove the old remote from the list.
How do I reset my fire stick without the remote?
To reset the fire stick remote without the remote:
- Plug the Firestick into the TV.
- Press and hold down the BACK and RIGHT buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds until the reset screen appears.
- Select the RESET option.
How do I manually reset my fire stick?
To manually reset the Firestick:
- Go to the Settings menu and scroll through to find the ‘My FireTV’
- Once you select that, you should see a ‘Reset To Factory Defaults ‘ option. Select that, and your Fire Stick will reset.
If None Of The Above Methods, Including Unpairing The Old Remote From The Fire Stick Remote App, Are Successful, Try This Method.
- Restart your Firestick.
- Press and hold the remote “Home” button when the TV is booting.
- With the TV remote, you have paired go to “Settings >> Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.”
- Select “Add Remote.” And you could see something like FS1 or FS2 or something related.
- Unpair the option that says “Battery Offline” with your TV remote. If you choose to go with the FS2 option you will be able to unpair with the Firestick remote app on your phone.
How to pair a new Fire Stick Remote without the old one is dependent on your willingness to experiment.