I’ve had a Firestick for quite some time and enjoy the ease of use and additional connections that it provides.
What to do? When you lost your fire stick remote, what options do I have?
After conducting a thorough investigation, I discovered several really creative and adaptable methods for replacing my misplaced Fire Stick controller.
To use the replacement Fire Stick remote without the old one, pair the new one and delete the old one from the device list.
You may do this with either the paired TV remote or the Fire Stick App.
It is feasible to link your new Fire Stick remote without the old one, but there are only two ways to do so. Although the procedure of pairing a new remote with your Firestick without the old one may be extended to three steps if you’re willing to format your Fire TV and return it to factory settings, this is only if you’re ready to format your Fire TV.
How to Pair a New Fire Stick Remote without the Old One?
To pair the new remote without the old one
- Unpair the old remote using the new remote after paired
- Use the Firestick app to remove the old one from the paired list.
- Reset your Fire TV to default settings.
How to use the Fire Stick Mobile App to pair a new Fire Stick Remote without the old one and without Remote?
To pair them, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Firestick app for your Android or iPhone. It is free for both OS.
- Open the app,
- Select the ‘Controllers and Bluetooth Devices
- Enter the new remote’s information.
- Select ‘Amazon Fire TV Remotes’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the ‘Add New Remote’ option to continue.
- Select the name of the Firestick you want to pair with your TV.
- Enter the TV remote pair activation code on the TV screen and click on the continue button.
- Confirm the name of the Firestick to confirm the pairing.
How do pair using a Third Party Remote?
You can connect many third-party devices to the Fire Stick. Not just for control, but also for gaming and other similar uses.
The Inteset IReTV Remote, along with a few accessories, allows the Fire Stick to receive IR signals for control.
This configuration includes the remote and makes operating your Fire Stick as simple as managing your TV.
The Fire Stick is compatible with most gaming controllers, including the Xbox Series X|S controller, as well as any other controller that uses Bluetooth to connect.
To pair them, follow these steps:
- Select Settings from the Fire TV menu.
- Select Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.
- Select Game Controllers.
- Select Add a new game controller.
- Put your controller into pairing mode.
- When your Fire TV Stick locates your controller, its name will appear on the screen. Pairing must be confirmed using your remote.
Once you have successfully paired the new remote then it’s time to unpair the old one and no Wi-Fi.
How to Unpair Old Remote from Fire Stick
Step – 1
- Unplug your Firestick from the back of the TV.
- Unplug the Firestick TV from the power outlet
- Wait for about 6 seconds.
- Plug both the Firestick and TV and press the power button on the new remote.
The process above will unpair your old Firestick remote without WiFi or interfere with the new remote to be paired. These steps should also remove the old paired remote and if it doesn’t check out how to remove or unpair the Firestick remote.
Unpair Old Fire Stick Remote using the new Remote
Step – 2
You may unpair the old Firestick remote from the TV settings after pairing the new Firestick remote with your Fire TV stick. There, we’ll talk about how to pair a new Fire Stick remote without the old one and without Wi-Fi.
- Press the “Home” button on your “Remote” to return to the TV home screen.
- Navigate to and select “Settings.”
- Scroll to and choose “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.”
- Select “Amazon Fire TV Remotes” to pair, unpair, and update Fire TV remote software/firmware.
- Navigate to the name of the old remote and press the menu button on the new remote.
- Choose the “Confirm” option to unpair the old Firestick remote.
However, if all attempts on How to Pair a new Fire Stick Remote Without the old one and no WiFi proved abortive, you can resolve to reset your Firestick to factory setting to unpair and remove the old remote from the list.
How do I reset my fire stick without the remote?
Step – 3
To reset the fire stick remote without the remote:
- Plug the Firestick into the TV.
- Press and hold down the BACK and RIGHT buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds until the reset screen appears.
- Select the RESET option.
How do I manually reset my fire stick?
To manually reset the Firestick:
- Go to the Settings menu and scroll through to find the ‘My FireTV’
- Once you select that, you should see a ‘Reset To Factory Defaults ‘ option. Select that, and your Fire Stick will reset.
If None Of The Above Methods, Including Unpairing The Old Remote From The Fire Stick Remote App, Are Successful, Try This Method.
- Restart your Firestick.
- Press and hold the remote “Home” button when the TV is booting.
- With the TV remote, you have paired go to “Settings >> Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.”
- Select “Add Remote.” And you could see something like FS1 or FS2 or something related.
- Unpair the option that says “Battery Offline” with your TV remote. If you choose to go with the FS2 option you will be able to unpair with the Firestick remote app on your phone.
- How To Sync Firestick Remote To Tv
- How To Program Firestick Remote To Tv
- Firestick Remote Troubleshooting
- How to Program a Replacement Firestick Remote
- Does Fire TV Stick 4k Work with Hisense Roku TV?
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use TV Remote to Control The Fire Stick and Pair the New Remote?
Yes, You can do this just as easily with your Fire Stick controller.
To begin, restart the Fire Stick while holding down the HOME button.
Then, using the Firestick’s TV remote, navigate to ‘Settings‘ and then to ‘Controllers and Bluetooth Devices’ to delete the old remote from the device list.
You can also unpair the remote using the Fire Stick App.
How to pair a new Fire Stick Remote without the old one is dependent on your willingness to experiment.
I Lost my Firestick Remote Can I use Another One?
Yes, you can use another one. You can purchase a new Firestick-compatible remote.
Official and third-party models are both available. You can also add or change the remote using the Firestick app. for more information click here.
Why is my Firestick Remote not Pairing?
There are many factors that could affect the pairing issue such as batteries problem, signal obstruction, and many other problems. Learn more in detail.
Can you use a different Firestick Remote on another Firestick?
You can pair a Firestick remote with another Firestick, but only one remote and one Stick may be paired at once.
How to Reset the Firestick without Remote?
Simply enable HDMI-CEC on your TV to reset your Firestick without a remote or WiFi. Grab the TV remote, then choose Menu. Locate HDMI-CEC and turn it on.
You may now use your Firestick with the TV remote! By selecting Settings > Device > Reset to Factory Defaults > Reset, you may finally reset your Firestick.Home Automation >> Brands >> Amazon >> How to Pair a New Fire Stick Remote without the Old One