The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a perfect way to stream TV shows or movies or even watch live events. But your TV won’t be that smart if you don’t know how to program the firestick remote to tv. By learning how to connect the remote to the tv, you’ll be able to get back to watching your favorite shows in no time.
How To Program Firestick Remote To Tv
First, make sure your TV is turned on and that you are within 10 feet (3 meters) of it.
- The remote that is provided with your Amazon Firestick can be paired during the initial setup itself.
- Once you make the necessary connections ( How to Connect Firestick Remote) between your TV and the Firestick, you can pair the remote.
- After the initial association has been made, take out the two batteries available in the Amazon Fire TV stick box.
- Insert the batteries in the respective slots.
- Once you insert the batteries, the pairing should be done automatically.
6. Press and hold the Home button on your remote for 10 seconds. The light at the top of your remote should begin to blink, followed by an on-screen confirmation that your remote has been linked. (for reprogramming a firestick remote you can see down below)
In case the firestick remote failed to program with the TV then Follow this:
Here’s how to pair a Fire Stick remote:
1. Turn the power off to your Fire Stick.
2. Take your Fire Stick remote’s batteries out.
3. Reconnect the Fire Stick to the power source.
4. Replace the batteries in your Fire Stick remote control, or insert new batteries if the remote is brand-new.
5. Utilizing the Fire Stick controller, press and hold the Home button.
6. Release the Home button once the remote’s light begins to flicker.
7. Wait for your Fire Stick to load the menu screen and check to make sure the remote was successfully paired.
If that doesn’t work, try resetting your remote
Smart Home: Alexa Smart Home Light Commands
How to Pair a 4k Fire Stick Remote to a Change Tv Set
Here are the quick pairing steps of 4K firestick remote:
- Select Fire Stick Settings from the home screen.
- Click Equipment Control
- Choose the option Manage Equipment on the next screen
- Click TV on this window
- Choose the option Change TV and Press Changes Tv when it appears
- Once the Firestick detects your TV, Click Yes.
You can see in detail by following images how to pair a firestick remote to a different TV Brand.
Select Fire Stick Settings from the home screen.
Click Equipment Control
Choose the option Manage Equipment on the next screen
Click TV on this window
Choose the option Change TV
Click Change TV when prompted
If FireStick detected the TV correctly, click YES
If not, click NO
If you clicked NO above, you will be asked to choose your TV brand. Go ahead and do that and follow the onscreen instructions to set up the TV control
Smart Home: How To Sync Firestick Remote To Tv
How to Pair a Replacement Remote with Amazon Firestick Tv
Here are quick steps on how to pair a Firestick Remote:
- From the home screen Navigate to the Settings option
- Tap the Controllers and Bluetooth
- Select Amazon Fire TV remote option and Add New Remote option
- Press the firestick remote Home button for 10 seconds and release it
- The Remote is in Discovery mode and searching for a new remote
- Once discovered press the SELECT button (middle button) on the OLD remote to confirm the pairing of the new remote
To pair an additional remote, and a detailed explanation, you can follow these steps as you can see in the images below:
Navigate to the Settings option from the home screen of the Fire TV.
Tap the Controllers and Bluetooth devices to open it.
Select the Amazon Fire TV Remote option and then choose the Add New Remote option.
Now, press the Home button on your Fire TV stick remote and do not release it for at least 10 seconds.
Once you release it, your Fire TV stick remote attains the Discovery mode.
This mode is set when the remote is searching for the Firestick to connect.
Once the new remote is discovered, press the SELECT button (middle button) on the OLD remote to confirm the pairing of the new remote
Make use of the remote that has been paired already to select the replacement remote from the list.
Your new replacement remote will now be paired to the TV to which you have plugged in the Firestick.
How to Pair a Second Remote with a Firestick
This method of paring is not only limited to a second remote but to a new remote as well, As mentioned earlier in the topic.
Open the Settings menu at the top of the screen.
Select Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
Then select Amazon Fire TV Remotes, and then Add New Remote.
Press and hold the Home button on your new remote for 10 seconds.
Using your existing remote, select the name of your new remote from your TV screen.
You will see an on-screen message when it has been successfully paired.
How to Reprogram a Firestick Remote?
- Unplug the firestick device power source, not in the sense of unplugging the HDMI port, but only take the firestick power off.
- Wait for a couple of seconds Count to 10 before plugging back in and for the firestick to restart/reboot.
- Once you see the home screen and all applications, your firestick has connected to the internet and everything.
- Now Take a Firestick remote and press the Home button aiming at the firestick device, until you see orange light flashes on a remote and then release it, if you don’t have light features remote then wait 30 to 40 seconds before a pop-up flash on a big screen and says your firestick remote has connected.
A dedicated topic on how to reprogram/sync a firestick remote with images and how the steps to be done are here.
This is how you can reprogram a firestick remote.
In case you failed to reprogram a firestick remote after attempting a couple of times then, you need to replace a remote due to a high probability of default product.
Firestick Remote Alternatives
Besides the handy application, a few other remotes are compatible with Amazon’s Fire TV lineup.
Bluetooth and USB keyboards are a fantastic choice for any streaming device and work particularly well with the Firestick.
The iPazzPort Mini Wireless Keyboard is one of the most common replacement remotes. iPazzPort offers a variety of keyboards, including Bluetooth and USB models.
If you choose the Bluetooth edition, you’ll need to order the appropriate keyboard, which you can do using the links below.
Note: The USB model requires an OTG cable so you can connect the dongle to your Fire TV Stick or Fire TV Cube.
To pair a Bluetooth Keyboard with a Firestick, follow the steps below:
1. Make sure the Bluetooth option is on if using a Bluetooth remote.
2. Go to Settings and Click Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
3. Click Other Bluetooth devices.
4. Click Add Bluetooth devices.
5. The Fire TV will now scan for your compatible remote. After found, select the remote and it is ready for use.
Resetting Amazon Fire Remote
Firestick Remote Not Working?
If you find your firestick remote is not working with your compatible device, try these tips first:
- Unplug your device from the outlet for up to 1 minute and plug back in Often times, a quick restart of the Fire Stick or Fire TV will put your remote back in working fashion.
- Remove batteries from the back of the remote and put them back in.
- If it still not works, Insert new batteries into the remote and try again.
If you are still unable to access your Firestick, we may need to re-pair this gadget.
- To turn on your Fire TV/Stick, unplug and plug back in your device.
- From the home-screen, press and hold down the Home Button on your remote for up to 20 seconds.
- A message will prompt in the bottom right corner of the screen acknowledging the pairing is complete.
- If it does not, press and hold the Home button again for up to 20 seconds.
Repeat this process until the remote is paired. This may take up to 10 tries.
TIP: If you are trying to install unverified apps from the Amazon App Store, you can only complete it by side-loading or installing something in your system without using the official method of app distribution. Installing such apps I suggest using a VPN.