The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a perfect way to stream TV shows or movies, or even watch live events. But your TV won’t be that smart if you don’t know how to program firestick remote to tv. By learning how to connect remote to tv, you’ll be able to get back to watching your favorite shows in no time.
How To Program Firestick Remote To Tv
- The remote that is provided with your Amazon Firestick can be paired during the initial setup itself.
- Once you make the necessary connections between your TV and the Firestick, you can pair the remote.
- After the initial association has been made, take out the two batteries available in the Amazon Fire TV stick box.
- Insert the batteries in the respective slots.
- Once you insert the batteries, the pairing should be done automatically. If not, then tap the Home button available on your remote and hold it for 10 seconds.
- The remote pairs with the Smart TV now.
- To check if your remote has been connected, you can carry out the following Amazon Fire Stick Programming procedure.
- Take your remote and check if the Voice button blinks quickly. If yes, then it is in the Discovery mode. It is searching for devices to connect.
- When the three blue light flashes on the remote, then it means that your TV and remote has finished the pairing process.
Smart Home: Alexa Smart Home Light Commands
How to Pair a 4k Fire Stick Remote to a Change Tv Set
Select Fire Stick Settings from the home screen.
Click Equipment Control
Choose the option Manage Equipment on the next screen
Click TV on this window
Choose the option Change TV
Click Change TV when prompted
If FireStick detected the TV correctly, click YES
If not, click NO
If you clicked NO above, you will be asked to choose your TV brand. Go ahead and do that and follow the onscreen instructions to set up the TV control
How to Pair a Replacement Remote with Amazon Firestick Tv
If you want to pair an additional remote, then you can make use of the how to Program Amazon Fire Stick guidelines given below.
Navigate to the Settings option from the home screen of the Fire TV.
Tap the Controllers and Bluetooth devices to open it.
Select the Amazon Fire TV Remote option and then choose the Add New Remote option.
Now, press the Home button on your Fire TV stick remote and do not release it for at least 10 seconds.
Once you release it, your Fire TV stick remote attains the Discovery mode.
This mode is set when the remote is searching for the Firestick to connect.
Once the new remote is discovered, press the SELECT button (middle button) on the OLD remote to confirm the pairing of the new remote
Make use of the remote that has been paired already to select the replacement remote from the list.
Your new replacement remote will now be paired to the TV to which you have plugged in the Firestick.
How to Pair a Second Remote with Firestick
Open the Settings menu at the top of the screen.
Select Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
Then select Amazon Fire TV Remotes, and then Add New Remote.
Press and hold the Home button on your new remote for 10 seconds.
Using your existing remote, select the name of your new remote from your TV screen.
You will see an on-screen message when it has been successfully paired.
Firestick Remote Not Working?
If you find your firestick remote is not working with your compatible device, try these tips first:
- Unplug your device from the outlet for up to 1 minute and plug back in Often times, a quick restart of the Fire Stick or Fire TV will put your remote back in working fashion.
- Remove batteries from the back of the remote and put them back in.
- If it still not works, Insert new batteries into the remote and try again.
If you are still unable to access your Firestick, we may need to re-pair this gadget.
- To turn on your Fire TV/Stick, unplug and plug back in your device.
- From the home-screen, press and hold down the Home Button on your remote for up to 20 seconds.
- A message will prompt in the bottom right corner of the screen acknowledging the pairing is complete.
- If it does not, press and hold the Home button again for up to 20 seconds.
Repeat this process until the remote is paired. This may take up to 10 tries.
TIP: If you are trying to install unverified apps from the Amazon App Store, you can only complete it by side-loading or installing something in your system without using the official method of app-distribution. Installing such apps I suggest using a VPN.