After years and years of asking for it, Apple finally introduced more personalization features to the home screen of the iPhone and iPad. Now, showing your style and organizing your devices just the way you like them is easier than ever.
It’s true that Android has had widgets for a very long time, but you’re probably still trying to figure out how to use widgets, how to customize them, and how to feature only the most important apps on your home screen if you’re a hardcore iPhone user.
Widgets are basically small apps that can show you the most important information you need, or help you access a quick action you want to take without opening the entire app, if you’re not familiar with them.
How to start using your iPhone’s Widgets
Here’s how you can add a new widget:
- Tap and hold on your Home screen until you enter jiggle mode.
- Tap the “+” icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- You’ll see a list of all your available widgets. Choose the one you want, or use the Search Widget at the top of your screen to search for the one you’re looking for.
- Once you selected a widget, you’ll have to choose its size. Pick the best size for you and tap on Add Widget.
- Your widget will go to the top left corner of your screen. You can choose to move it around or to delete it by pressing the “-” icon on top of it.
Customize Smart Stacks
Like any other widget, you can add the Smart Stack, following the steps we showed you before. If you want your Smart Stack to be customized, here’s how you do that:
- Tap the Smart Stack widget on your home screen and hold it down.
- Tap on Stack Edit. Or, if you’re in jiggle mode, just tap the widget for the Smart Stack.
- If you want, you’ll see a list of all of the widgets available on Smart Stack. By dragging the three lines on the right side of the widgets, you can move them up or down.
- If you want to Delete one just swipe the widgets to the left until you see the Delete option.
Here’s how you can add widgets to Smart Stack:
- In Smart Stack, add the widget you want to the home screen. Please make sure that it is the same size as your Smart Stack.
- Hold the widget and drag it onto the widget of the Smart Stack.
- If you want to move your widget inside the Smart Stack, tap the Smart Stack Widget.
Use the app library to clean your home screen and
Follow these steps if you just want to delete apps from your home screen without removing them:
- On your Home screen, tap and hold the app you want to remove.
- You’ll see the Quick actions menu. Tap on Remove App.
- Tap in Remove from Home screen.
Add Personalized Shortcuts to the Home Screen
Here’s how you can add your shortcuts to your Home screen:
- Go to the Shortcuts app.
- Go to All Shortcuts if you’re not there already.
- Tap on the shortcut’s options menu. That is, the three dots on the shortcut you want to add to your Home screen.
- Tap the i icon next to your shortcut.
- You should see the Scripting for your shortcut. Tap on the options menu on the top right corner of your screen. Just below Done.
- Tap on Add to Home screen.
- You can change the name and icon. You can use any image you have on your iPhone to use as an icon.
- Once you finish customizing it, tap on Add on the top right side of your screen.