They never get tired or disturbed by robotic vacuums, and they don’t miss working every day. In most houses, with hardly any effort, they keep the floors clean, pet fur and crumbs vanish before you can note a mess. According to Wirecutter, the following list is the best Wirecutter robot vacuum 2020.
Since 2012, they have been evaluating robots from the Roomba 600 series at Wirecutter, and no other inexpensive robots are as durable as these. It’s quick to replace it at home with nothing more than a screwdriver, even if a component breaks down after a few years, and iRobot has an outstanding track record for having replacement parts available for any product that the company has ever made.
Smart Home: Home Cleaning Robots
iRobot Roomba 981 Robot Vacuum
- Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System & Power-Lifting Suction deliver 10X the air power* for improved pick-up performance.
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology allows the robot to map its surroundings to clean an entire level of your home.
- Ideal for homes with pets. High-Efficiency Filter captures 99% of allergens, pollen, & dust as small as 10 microns.
- The newly updated iRobot Home App allows you to upgrade your overall cleaning experience.
- Imprint Link Technology allows Roomba 981 & Braava jet m6 robots to automatically clean in sequence vacuuming & then mopping.
iRobot Roomba i6+ Robot Vacuum
- Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i6+ to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal with AllergenLock bags use 4 layers of allergen blocking material to trap 99% of pollen and mold.
- 10x the Power-Lifting Suction & Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes that pull in dirt, debris, & pet hair from wherever it hides.
- Intelligently maps & cleans an entire level of your home. With vSLAM navigation, i6+ maps your home to navigate in neat, efficient rows.
- Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair.
For a more simplistic option (a robot vacuum without Wi-Fi), consider the Eufy RoboVac 11 which also performed great in their cleaning tests. If our top pick the Eufy RoboVac 11 is a solid alternative.
Eufy RoboVac 11S
- RoboVac 11S Plus picks up dirt and dust with 1500Pa of suction power for a perfect clean you can see and feel.
- The large wheels roll over carpets, and climb over the ledges of doors without effort to get to the mess.
- RoboVac automatically returns to the charging base when power is low, ensuring it’s always charged and ready to vacuum.
- Multiple cleaning modes and a pre-set vacuuming time ensure an effortless, thorough clean while you do other things or nothing at all.
- A large 0.6L dustbox holds more dirt per clean to reduce the frequency of emptying.
Eufy RoboVac 30C Robot Vacuum With Wi-Fi
- 3-Point Cleaning System.
- RoboVac 30C sucks up dirt and dust with 1500Pa of suction for a spotless clean you can see and feel.
- Large wheels roll over carpets and climb over door ledges to get to the mess.
- RoboVac cleans up to 100 mins* per charge, so you get to enjoy a completely clean home from a single charge.
- RoboVac uses drop-sensing technology to avoid falling down stairs and off of ledges.
- 9 anti-collision infrared sensors helps RoboVac to avoid bumping into obstacles so it can clean non-stop without help from you.
They have tested it in a 1,000-square-foot home and it cleaned both bare floors and short carpets exceptionally well. Overall, this pick has the best package of features, it has an impressive navigation system, and it’s affordable.
At forbes Wirecutter Best vacuum under 1000 square feet category is EcoVacs Deebot N79.
EcoVacs Deebot N79
- Your robot cleans at a non-intrusive and low noise level, leaving a quiet space for your family and activities.
- DEEBOT N79S Max Mode increases suction power by up to 2x.
- Equipped with two side brushes, a main roller brush, and a power suction motor to sweep, lift, and vacuum dirt off your carpets and hard floors.
- Up to 110 minute run time.