List of Compatible Homekit Outdoor Security Camera
Logitech Circle 2
The only indoor and outdoor, weatherproof, wired or wireless 1080p HD home security camera that records when motion is detected with night vision and up to 180° field-of-view that goes just about anywhere and sets up in minutes.
Let your smart home do the heavy lifting. Circle 2 works seamlessly with other smart home products around your house like Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit to keep your home safe.
- Circle 2’s easy to use mobile and web apps let you stream and download unlimited amounts of 1080p HD video from anywhere effortlessly
- Windows. Wired or wireless. Circle 2 home security camera’s array of mounts and accessories allow it to work just about anywhere, inside or outside your home
- Circle 2 indoor and outdoor surveillance camera is built to weather it all. It’s tough enough to handle rain, snow, heat and cold
- See and secure a whole lot more. Circle 2’s ultra wide field-of-view of up to 180° helps make sure you never miss a thing
- Ask Siri to show you the live view from any Circle 2 camera in your home on your iPhone®, iPad®, or Apple Watch
Presence is the final option for now, Presence is fully intended to be used outside. It’s both a HomeKit video camera and a HomeKit outdoor spotlight.
Presence actually replaces your existing outdoor lighting and is designed to be permanently mounted outdoors. It uses the same power connector as standard outdoor lights (not the same as indoor power outlets.
- Be alerted immediately if a person or car trespass on your property
- The only smart outdoor camera that can distinguish people, animals and cars and gives you access to all its features without charging any subscription fees.
- At night, either watch discreetly with the camera’s infra-red night vision or switch the camera’s floodlight on.
- The smart floodlight can be switched on manually in the app or set to switch on when it detects a person, car or animal – or for all three. It helps you find your way safely at night and deters any unwanted visitors.
- The Smart Outdoor Camera is specifically designed for outdoor use and can withstand the elements: rain, snow, moisture, dust and dirt
- The Smart Outdoor Camera records only when something happens, there are no hours of empty footage
- Videos are recorded in excellent Full HD quality. Pinch-to-zoom into the video to see every detail
- Supports micro SD (8GB included, up to 32GB supported) video capture
HKCam DIY HomeKit security camera
HomeKit app developer Matt Hochgatterer today has unveiled an open-source HomeKit camera project. The HKCam utilizes a Raspberry Pi Zero W and a 3D printed enclosure to allow users to create their own security camera compatible with Apple’s HomeKit for less than $30.
HKCam is easy to assemble even for fairly novice users. It will require a Raspberry Pi Zero W with a power supply, the official Raspberry Pi camera module, a microSD card, and the 3D printed housing.
The source code and 3D-printed parts are available on Github.
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Camera Module
- Camera Cable compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero
- 1V micro USB Power Supply
- MicroSD Card
- 3D-Printed Enclosure
The enclosure can be printed with any 3D printer. With its snap-fit design, you don’t need any screws to assemble it.
At the bottom there is an inner thread to attach the 3D-printed stand. The threading is compatible with the Articulating Raspberry Pi Camera Mount.
You can access the camera and view the live stream directly from your iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch. You only need a compatible HomeKit app. Apple’s Home app works just fine.
Home 3 is a powerful HomeKit app for iOS and watchOS. You can control and automate any HomeKit-compatible accessory with it.
All communication between your iOS device and HKCam is handled by HomeKit
Estimated $30 US