If you have a Schlage keypad lock, you may have noticed that the lock sometimes keeps spinning. This can be annoying, especially if you’re trying to get into your home or office quickly. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First, try changing the batteries in your lock. If that doesn’t work, you can restore the default settings on the lock. If that still doesn’t work, you can try reinstalling the lock. We’ll go over all of these options in more detail below.
Change the Batteries in Your Lock
If your Schlage keypad lock isn’t working properly, one of the first things you should check is the batteries. If the batteries are low, the lock may not function properly.
To change the batteries, follow these steps:
- Remove the screws from the back of the lock with a Phillips screwdriver.
- Lift off the back cover of the lock to expose the battery compartment.
- Remove the old batteries and insert new ones in their place. Be sure to insert them correctly, so that the positive and negative ends are facing in the right direction.
- Replace the back cover of the lock and screw it into place.
- Test your lock to see if it is now working properly.
Restore Default Settings on the Lock
If your Schlage keypad lock is still not working after you have changed the batteries and reinstalled the lock, you may need to restore the default settings on the lock.
To do this, simply press and hold the “Schlage” button on the keypad for about five to ten seconds. The blue light on the keypad will flash, indicating that the default settings have been restored.
Note: if your Schlage lock is unable to restore it then you have to look at a complete reset process.. Click here.
Reinstall the Lock
If the keypad on your Schlage lock is still spinning after you’ve tried changing the batteries and restoring the default settings, then it’s time to reinstall the lock.
This process is relatively simple, but you will need to have a Phillips head screwdriver on hand.
- First, remove the two screws that hold the interior cover in place.
- Then, take out the batteries and disconnect the wires from the back of the cover.
- Next, remove the four screws that secure the exterior escutcheon to the door.
- Be careful not to lose the small washer that sits between the escutcheon and the door.
- Once the escutcheon is off, you’ll be able to see the inside of the lock.
- There are two small metal plates on either side of the keypad.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove these plates, and then lift out the keypad.
To reinstall the keypad, simply reverse these steps.
If you’ve followed the steps in this article and your Schlage keypad lock still isn’t working properly, it may be time to replace the lock. We hope this article has been helpful in troubleshooting your issue. Thank you for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why Schlage lock not locking from the outside?
- Your Schlage Keypad Lock’s battery has to be replaced.
- You have the lock’s mode set to “unlocked.”
- You’re not correctly locking the lock.
- The lock’s functionality is being hampered by a problem.
- You didn’t install your Schlage Keypad Lock correctly.
Why does Schlage lock unlock without a code?
Here are several potential causes of your Schlage keypad lock unlocking without a code:
- The lock is configured to be unlocked.
- Low or incorrect batteries.
- Faulty installation
- The lock isn’t working properly.
Schlage Lock Override
If the Schlage keypad lock still won’t open, the Lock Override feature might have been turned on.
Disabling it could be able to solve your issue. Do the following to disable the Lock Override feature:
- The battery cover on the interior assembly should be removed.
- Remove the battery from its socket carefully.
- Verify that the lock override slot is locked out.
- If so, use a little flathead screwdriver to spin it back to normal.
- Reinstall the battery after which you’ll fx the lid.
You might want to see this:
- Why Does The Schlage Programming Code Not Working, And How Can We Find Ways To Fix It?
- Best 4 Schlage keypad deadbolt Smart Locks 2022 – Which One is Right for You
- How to Reset Schlage Encode Keypad Lock?
- How to Change the 4 Digit Code on a Schlage Lock Be365
- How To Reset Schlage Keypad Lock Without Programming Code
- How To Change The 4 Digit Code On A Schlage Lock
- How to Change Code on Schlage Lock BE489WB