BossaNova designed a robot by keeping in mind the gaps and inefficiency faced by large retailers since they first built large complex retail stores, bossanova robot does a lot of things alone perfectly using sophisticated AI intelligent sensors with the help of built in smart high resolution cameras and radars.
Here we attempt to explain in detail with a clear understanding of how bossanova robot operates, for more in-depth understanding of bossanova robot then a detailed description under what does a bossaNova robot do? In company terminology.
How it works
As Bossanova robot specifically built for large to medium sized retailers, however in 2020 bossanova create smaller version and do have all features similar for super retail stores except a bit thinner for easy movement in congested space.
what it does is scan all the data from the shelf and recognize which product is out of stock, check the correct price tag along with the correct product, send a message about the stock to the main cloud, and also help large retailers why the number of products being delivered to a store is not always equal to the number of things that are on store shelves and being purchased by customers.
More Robots: Home Disinfection Robots
These stores are large, and it’s hard to keep track of individual items, even when using supply-chain logistics.
This also recognizes promotional products that are labelled and put on a correct shelf, unless retailers were informed that promotional items were lacking in the stated X category aisles.
Send a cloud warning message to a respective authority in a retail store to fill a specific shelf empty item available in store inventory, followed by a request to order the inventory item when its system detects the stored inventory of a particular item below its defined threshold level.
Moreover this robot also put a measured revenue report that you may lose if the item on the shelf does not fill it again, it also provide real-time insights on shopping patterns so that retailers can optimize the location and stocking of inventory.
It’s an autonomous device with radars, cameras with 2D and 3D vision, high-speed and precision optics, bar-code readers and high AI Algorithm and sensors to do a job 24/7, Bossanova doesn’t need any human intervention.
Bossanova scan and monitor all items in the store except vegetables and fruit initially, now in 2020 can monitor but can’t do a stock count for fresh fruits and vegetables, but it is able to identify gaps in inventory and when supplies are running low.
Data is the central element. Bossa Nova 2020 can help a business know the state of a store and how to best allocate resources to fix problems, do more with less, and improve the experience.”
More Robots: Home Cleaning Robots
“In fact, a store owner has a competitive advantage in home delivery or buying online to pick up in store, because it has an installed base close to population centers.
Bossanova is a helpful robot who, along with customers, will work and walk down the aisles.
In Company Terminology Of What Does A BossaNova Robot Do?
Company categorized them into five Sections
- Customer Experience
- The location of the items influences the way the customers shop. It will maximize customer experience by having a clear view of where items are put in each store.
- More frequent inventory scans enable them to have a seamless Omni channel experience — where shoppers can test inventory before they arrive at the retail site.
- Provide consistent service across the retail stores by ensuring the correct implementation of pricing and promotions, the out-of-stocks and ensuring that each store complies with a planogram.
- Out of Stocks
- The average retailer loses 4.1% of their annual revenue due to out-of-stock merchandise, to minimize the loss she Automatically alert your management & team to when shelves are empty.
- It also represent the out of stock impact in terms of percentage you could loss and suggest about how the large retailers reducing out of stock problems.
- Planogram compliance
- Place items in order with the correct price tag each row in each aisle at large scale with almost zero errors.
- Without leaving retail staff desk, they can see what the shelves in each store look like and the impact of empty shelf in terms of revenue.
- Promotion Execution
- They can see from head office of which branch of our stores are not executed promotion as planned and which branch has executing wrong promotion.
- Price compliance
- Ensure all the time about Missing, dated, or incorrect price tags and Get a real-time view of the shelf to ensure that the price matches the product on the shelf.
More Robots: UV Cleaning Disinfection Robots
What are the robots at Walmart for?
The robots are designed by Bossa Nova Robotics Inc., based in San Francisco, and built for scanning products on the shelf to help with price accuracy and restocking. The robots are already in 350 stores since 2017 in across US stores, so far Walmart has the most number of Robots.
The six-foot-tall devices each have 15 cameras scanning aisles and shelves, and sending real-time alerts to employees.
Walmart has introduced robots for cleaning floors, unloading and sorting items from trucks, and for picking up orders in stores in 2018 and announced to order more of these robots for 650 locations.
According to Walmart these technologies have been well-received, but it’s not enough to have these cutting-edge systems in just a few locations. That’s why additional technologies are coming soon to stores across America. And we’re going big:
- 1,500 new autonomous floor cleaners, aka “Auto-C”: After an associate preps the area, this machine can be programmed to travel throughout the open parts of the store, leaving behind a clean, polished floor. Auto-C provides a cleaner shopping experience for our customers, and it frees up our associates to serve them better.
- 300 additional shelf scanners, aka “Auto-S”: This technology scans items on store shelves to help ensure availability, correct shelf location, and price accuracy.
- 1,200 more FAST Unloaders: Working with the shelf scanner, the FAST Unloader automatically scans and sorts items unloaded from trucks based on priority and department.
- 900 new Pickup Towers: A customer places an order online and selects for an in-store pickup. The associate loads the ordered item into the Pickup Tower. When a customer receives a notification via email that the item is available, they can use the Pickup Tower like a giant vending machine to retrieve their purchase.
|Robots||What Year in Walmart||What Year in Walmart||Total Robots|
|Autonomous Floor Cleaners||2019 (360) Robots||2020 (1500) Robots||1860|
|Shelf Scanners||2017 (50) Robots||2020 (300) Robots||350|
|FAST Unloaders||2018 (30) Robots||2020 (1200) Robots||1230|
|Pickup Towers||2017-18 (200-500) Robots||2020 (900) Robots||1700|
Who makes BossaNova robots?
Developer of in-store inventory robot intended to create service robots for the global retail industry and to make large-scale stores run efficiently. The company’s in-store inventory robot automates the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data by monitoring product stock, helping employees to keep track of where items are located.
Bossa Nova is privately held, headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Mountain View and Pittsburgh.
- Cota Capital
- Intel Capital
- Lucas Venture Group
- PacVen Walden Ventures
- Paxion Capital Partners
- Website www.bossanova.com/
- Facebook View on Facebook
- LinkedIn View on LinkedIn
- witter View on Twitter
- Contact Email email@example.com
- Phone Number 1 415-878-1812
- Founded in 2005
- Type Private
- HQ Pittsburgh, US
Cost OF bossaNova Robots?
The exact price of each bossanova robot is still undisclosed, but you may compare bossaNova robot price plan from another Store robotics business already operating across the globe.
For Example Pepper Robot operating in more than 140 branched of Japan mobile stores since 2016
SoftBank has reportedly sold more than 7,000 Peppers. It’s not cheap. The 64-pound robot costs about $1,700 upfront and an additional $134 a month for 36 months for maintenance and $89 a month for 36 months for insurance.