Fibaro is a home automation brand compatible with all Z-Wave, and other IOT things, they offers a complete range of products that could be needed for a home or an apartment to be able to get smarter, such products are (Lighting, Heating, Security, Gates, Blinds and in the last not the least one which is going to be explain in detail particularly are Hub/Gateways.
Difference between Fibaro home centre 2 vs Lite
Fibaro Home Centre 2
Basically these two are very similar in designed except for Fibaro Home Centre 2 use for commercial or larger premises where you may need to link multiple units together in a network for controlling in a wide area.
It covers large wide areas such as building and offices, in addition home center 2 has more advanced controller to ensure better usable possibilities,
- LUA Programming – LUA is a programming (scripting) language commonly used in home automation controllers to enable users to create more complex control scenes than supported by the controller’s Scene editor.
- LUA based virtual devices – to create virtual device and program each button in LUA language individually,
- VOIP Communication,
- SATEL alarm system integration,
- Non-limited number of plugins.
Home Center Lite
Similarly center lite functionality, design and the technology are same and works best in homes and apartments,
In another words in typical home automation glossary phrase, it’s an extremely compact controller using a web based and featuring graphic interface for simple programming.
Features of Fibaro Home center 2 vs Lite
- Control your house through a broad range of native apps
- Voice control by Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa or Apple Siri and Messenge
- Creating Home Center Lite, they applied proven solutions used in their Home Center 2.
- Specially designed to your needs, Home Center Lite smoothly integrates with a broad range of multimedia systems and has a vast library of drivers for smart TV’s, IP camera, and other 3rd party devices.
- Properly compact, Home Center Lite allows you to manage smart home using intuitive interfaces remotely or locally.
- You can set up, navigate and manage your home works on a smart phone or tablet. Even inexperienced users can built quick simple scenes using the visual scene builder on the web interface via from APP.
Compatibility of Home center 2 and Lite
It’s designed for home automation and allows you to remotely control everything from an iron to the lighting in your house.
There are millions of Z-Wave-supported devices available from roughly 300 manufacturers around the world. In fact, the flagship Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas uses more 65,000 Z-Wave-supported devices alone.
Fibaro is offering an easy-to-install system that uses Z-Wave. The brain of Fibaro’s system is either the Home Center 2 or Home Center Lite.
They eliminate the need for special knowledge of cables and networking equipment’s. That’s because they’re wirelessly-controlled smart hubs (also known as control modules) that connect to a variety of sensors and other modules for your home. They are compatible with any Z-Wave-supported device.
You can pair the Home Center 2 or Home Center Lite to something like the Philips Hue smart LED light bulbs.
Once a Fibaro hub is linked to a home router or ethernet port, it can easily pair to several devices with a one-click interface.
Also, after everything is synced, you can access Fibaro’s home automated system through a mobile device or computer.
In other words, you’ll be able to take control of your home from anywhere.
Home Center 2
Home Center Lite
|Processor||Intel Atom Dual Core (1.6 GHz)||ARM Cortex-A8 (720 Mhz)|
|Operating memory||1 GB DDR RAM||128 MB RAM|
|Hard drive||2 GB SLC and 4GB MLC Recovery Disc||128 MB SLC HDD|
|Network interface||10/100/1000 Base-T (Gigabit) Ethernet via RJ45 connector||10/100 Base-T Ethernet via RJ45 connector|
|Range||up to 50m (164 ft) outdoors
up to 30m (98 ft) indoors
|up to 50m (164 ft) outdoors
up to 30m (98 ft) indoors
|LUA virtual devices||Yes||NO|
|String-based virtual devices||Yes||Yes|
|Satel alarm integration||Yes||NO|
|Amazon Alexa integration||Yes||Yes|
|Google Assistant integration||Yes||Yes|
|Working as a stand-alone controller or a slave||Yes||Yes|
|Working as a master controller||Yes||NO|