LG TVs are the most compatible with third-party voice assistants and their associated smart home platforms among the major smart TV manufacturers (Samsung, Sony, LG, and Vizio, among others).
Alexa and Google Assistant are built-in on all 2019, 2020 and upcoming LG TVs.
While some other brands have one or the other built-in, LG is the only brand to have both of these voice assistants built-in.
So as long as you have a pretty new LG TV, you’re all set to use voice commands from Alexa, and for those LG TV before 2019, you have to buy Alexa device and connect them to be able use Alexa voice commands.
Therefore, before Lg Tv Alexa commands, here are the steps of how to connect old means 2018 and older models compatible with Alexa.
How do I connect my old TV to Alexa?
- Download the Amazon Alexa App from App store or Google Play Store.
- Launch the application.
- Application will take you to a menu.
- Enable it (Enabling will allow you to take control of your Smart TV).
- Choosing your Device: After downloading and enabling, use the menu in the app to jump to device type and add your TV.
- Connect to the Amazon Device: Once you have established a connection with your TV, you can continue to connect your Amazon Alexa device. On the navigation menu on the side, you will find your Amazon Device listed.
- By clicking on it, you will be able to connect to your device. The device will light up when a connection is established.
- Ask Alexa to Discover device/devices: Once you have set up your devices and established a connection, ask Alexa to “discover devices.” Alexa will discover your TV by running a scan, there you have it. Follow the on-screen instructions and click yes, your Alexa device will be connected!
- More Alexa Commands: Eufy Doorbell Alexa Commands
- More Alexa Commands: Alexa Philips Hue Commands
- More Alexa Commands: Alexa Audible Commands
Here are the LG TV Alexa Commands
Alexa, ask LG to turn TV off.
Alexa, ask LG to turn off TV.
Alexa, ask LG to turn TV on.
Alexa, ask LG to turn on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to volume up TV
Alexa, ask LG to set volume to [#] on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to mute TV.
Alexa, ask LG to switch TV to HDMI 1.
Alexa, ask LG to switch TV to set-top box.
Alexa, ask LG to change channel to 12 on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to change channel to [channel name] on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to launch [app name] on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to launch Amazon Prime Video on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to launch Web Browser on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to search [VOD title] on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to search videos with [actor name] on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to show recommended videos on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to search my photos / videos / music on TV.
Content Related Q & A
Alexa, ask LG what is the soundtrack of this program on TV.
Alexa, ask LG who is the director/cast of this program on TV.
Alexa, ask LG what year was this program produced on TV.
Alexa, ask LG to give me a summary of this program on TVHome Automation >> Brands >> Amazon >> Lg Tv Alexa Commands