In this troubleshooting list of ADT Doorbell camera, user of ADT can find and fix particular issue explained in detail step by step.
So Let’s Figure Out and Fix About ADT Doorbell Camera Troubleshooting
1. ADT Doorbell Camera Not Recording
When you notice about your ADT Doorbell camera not recording, there are certain reasons for ADT camera not recording or stopped recording after for a while.
Here what you can do is to scroll down below and figure out which one is the most probable reason for camera to stopped recording or not recording since you first installed.
- It doesn’t have enough power to operate.
- It’s not within the range of a Wi-Fi connection.
- There’s not enough space available on the cloud to hold video clips.
- The settings for motion detection may not be properly set.
Check to see the power
To check if your camera has enough power to work, you will need to access your camera. Most cameras provided by ADT have a power light or indicator that will illuminate, letting you know that there is power.
If you don’t have any clips made, it may be because your battery isn’t completely charged.
Another sign of power failure is the application you’re using to view the footage. There’s a fair chance the sensor isn’t getting power if there’s no signal from the camera to the smartphone.
Range of a Wi-Fi Connection
Another problem with Doorbell Camera wireless cameras, such as those provided by ADT, is that they require a powerful Wi-Fi signal to work. The video clips would not be recorded if the Wi-Fi link is bad or declines regularly.
The most effective way to check your Wi-Fi signal strength is to access the cameras through the ADT app. There will be an indication that will let the user know if the signal strength is strong enough for the camera.
If the signal strength quality is low, the camera will need to be moved closer to the Wi-Fi signal source.
Not Enough Space Available On The Cloud
Another thing to look at is if there is enough cloud storage space for your captured video clip. If the cloud’s maximum capacity has been exhausted, stored clips will fail to load.
Deleting clips regularly should allow for more clips to be stored on the cloud.
Camera’s Motion Detection Settings
This is the most likely cause of a ADT Doorbell Camera not recording after it was first time installed.
The recording issue is normally relate to schedule or motion detection.
You have to set motion detection parameters for recoding otherwise camera failed to record it.
Open the ADT system web interface and double check the following.
- Is the motion detection enabled?
- Is motion sensitivity appropriately adjusted?
- The object size is not set correctly.
2. ADT Doorbell Camera Detecting Motion But Not Recording
The reason for ADT doorbell camera detection motion but not recording due to the rules of recording a clip has not been set. ADT camera works according to user set specific rules.
Here are some reasons for not recording:
- The schedule of recoding video you set hasn’t been correct.
- Minimum delay between triggered camera clips is not correct.
- The “At home setting” are checked.
3. ADT Doorbell Camera Not Connecting To Wi-Fi
- Power Is Lost
- Wi-Fi Signal Failed
Power Is Lost
One of the biggest reasons your ADT Wi-Fi camera may be offline is due to power loss.
First things first, check to see if the LED lights on your camera are on. If they aren’t, you’ll want to check to make sure that the device is plugged in and double check the outlet.
Once you make sure there is power, it’s a good idea to put your ADT Gateway and ADT Camera through a power cycle.
Here’s how you do a power cycle:
- Disconnect power from both the gateway and the camera for several minutes.
- Power up the gateway first, and give it 5 minutes to reconnect.
- Power up your camera next and give it some time to reconnect.
Wi-Fi Signal Failed
Try moving your camera closer to the gateway and do another complete power cycle by unplugging the power cord from the camera, waiting a couple minutes, then plugging it back in.
4. How Do I Reconnect My ADT Doorbell To Wifi?
- Put the doorbell into Access Point (AP) mode by holding the main button until the LED alternates green and red.
- Log into the Customer app.
- Tap Menu.
- Tap Doorbell Camera.
- Tap Settings.
- In Add another Doorbell Camera, tap Begin Installation. (Note: If this does not appear, you may have reached the maximum number of video devices for your service package. Remove the Doorbell Camera from the account via the website, and then re-install it using the Customer app)
- Proceed through the installation wizard. This is the same process as the initial installation of the Doorbell Camera.
8. ADT doorbell camera blinking red
Blinking (Red) – Network connection is failed.
9. ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Blue
On (Blue) – Power On / Network connection is available.
10. ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red 3 Times
On (Red) – If the LED is on for 5 seconds and then turns off, the WPS function has failed.
Intermittent Blinking (Red) – If the LED is blinking for 2 seconds, means AC power is disconnected.
11. ADT Doorbell Camera green light circling
Spinning (Green). The firmware is being upgraded.
12. ADT Doorbell Camera blinking Orange
Wi-Fi network is not working, The Doorbell Camera is too far away from Wi-Fi router. Move the router closer to the Doorbell Camera.
13۔ What if my doorbell loses power?
- In the event of an extended power loss (1.5 hours or more), the device must recharge its internal battery before it can be connected. For a digital chime, the ADT Battery Powered Doorbell Camera will be sufficiently recharged to reconnect after 10 hours. The battery will be fully recharged in about 21 hours.
- For an analog chime, the ADT Battery Powered Doorbell Camera will be sufficiently recharged to reconnect after 3.5 hours. The battery will be fully recharged in 7 hours.
- The doorbell can be charged in about 45 min if removed from the bracket and charged via USB.