If you have a Samsung TV, you may use a variety of applications to supplement the normal content, one of which is HBO MAX. This streaming service contains a lot of different types of entertainment, which makes it annoying when the app stops operating.
As a result, when you access the smart hub and scroll towards HBO Max, you may find it not loading, freezing, or failing to appear. What would you do in this situation? If you read on, you’ll find some fast fixes for any of these problems.
If HBO Max fails to function on your Samsung TV, make sure you have a stable internet connection. You may also try rebooting your smartphone to see if the problem goes away. If you want the app to work well, don’t forget to update it.
Several issues cause the HBO Max to fail to work on your Samsung TV.
Below are some of them.
- HBO Max is out of date
- Your device isn’t connected to the internet
- Your TV’s firmware is out of date
- Your device’s storage space is full
So Here Are the Methods of How to fix and Why HBO Max Not Working On Samsung TV
Detect whether or not you have access to the internet.
If your Samsung TV Apps aren’t working, the first thing you should check is if your device is connected to the internet.
You can check using the step below.
- On your Samsung TV remote, press the Home button.
- Go to the Setting Menu, then the General Menu.
- Select a network, then check the status of that network.
The page will show you if your device is connected to the internet or not. if not, try the second method.
Method – 2
Restart your Router Again.
Your router supplies the internet to your TV. IF it has an issue, your, TV will not connect to the internet. Restarting the router can help troubleshoot the HBO Max not loading on the Samsung TV issue.
- Turn off the television.
- Disconnect the TV from the power supply.
- Please wait a minute before plugging the TV back in and turning it on.
- Run the App to determine whether it works.
Method – 3
Power Cycle your TV
The power cycle refreshes your smart TV and helps fix several issues.
Including the ones affecting your apps, use these steps to power cycle
- Power Off The TV
- Unplug The TV From It Power Source.
- Please Wait For A While Approx. 2 To 3 Minutes And Plug Back Your TV And Power On.
- Launch The App And See If It Works.
Method – 4
Cold boot your TV
Cold booting your TV turns it off and then on again. It fixes a range of problems with your TV Apps, pictures, and menus. With or without a remote, you can cold boot.
With a Remote
- Press and hold the Samsung TV remote’s power button.
- Hold your breath for around 5 seconds, or until your TV turns off and on.
- Check to see whether your HBO Max app is working.
Without a remote
- Unplug The TV From The Power Outlets.
- Leave It For 30 Seconds, Then Plug It Back.
Method – 5
Free some space on your Samsung smart TV.
When your TV has limited storage. Some Apps may not work.
You may free up some space by deleting certain third-party programs that you aren’t using. Furthermore, it eliminates clutter, allowing you to effortlessly browse through different programs.
- Go to the Samsung TV’s main menu.
- Click the Gear Icon in the top right corner of your screen to select Apps.
- Choose which apps you don’t use and then uninstall them.
Method – 6
Uninstall, Then Install the HBO Max App on Your TV
Uninstall then reinstalling the misbehaving app can make it work again.
Use these steps To Uninstall
- Go To The Apps Page.
- Navigate To The Gear Icon, Then Click It.
- Locate The HBO Max App.
- Delete the App
- Go To Your Samsung TV Homescreen.
- Click On The Search Icon Then Enter HBO Max.
- You Will See The Name HBO Max Click.
- Select Install.
Method – 7
You must always ensure that all your Apps run on the latest version
If you do not want them to stop working. Use these steps to update HBO MAX.
1- On your Samsung Screen, Go To the Apps Section.
2- Navigate To The Gear Icon, Then Select Updates.
3- IF HBO MAX has Updated, Kindly Select It to Update.
Method – 8
Your device should be updated
Always make sure your device has the most up-to-date software. Old software will always create system malfunctions and errors, resulting in the failure of some applications.
Follow the instructions below to update your device.
- Navigate To The Setting Menu.
- Select Support Followed By Software Update.
- Click On Update Now.
If HBO MAX still not working on Samsung smart TV:
The above methods should fix the HBO MAX APP on your Samsung smart TV. If not, you may need to reset your smart hub.
- On Your Remote, Press the Home Button.
- Navigate to Settings, Then Select Support.
- Click Device Care, Then Select Self-Diagnosis.
- Navigate To Reset Smart HUB, Then Enter Your TV, S Pin.
The last step logs you out from all your account and deletes all apps you have downloaded. However, it restores most glitches once you sign in again.
HBO Max Service Code
If you’re getting a service error code or oops message, here are some things to try:
- Restart HBO Max
- Play another show or movie
- Update HBO Max
- Sign out and restart your device
- Try another device
- Try device troubleshooting
- Restart your network devices
- Restart HBO Max
- Phone, tablet or TV device: Force close HBO Max, then reopen the app and try to stream.
- Computer: Close and reopen your browser, then go back to HBOMax.com and try to stream.
2. Play another show or movie
Try streaming different shows and movies to see if the problem happens with any show or movie, or only a particular show or movie. If the error only happens with a particular show or movie, please contact us and let us know.
3. Update HBO Max
Make sure you have the latest version of the HBO Max app. To do this open the app store on your device, search for HBO Max, and see if there’s an update available. If there’s an app update, download it and try streaming again.
Computer: Go to HBOMax.com and do a hard refresh for the page (this is not the same as the Reload button in your browser). To find out how to do this, search the Internet for ‘hard refresh’ + the name of your browser (e.g. ‘hard refresh Chrome’).
4. Sign out and restart your device
- Sign out of HBO Max. For help, see How do I sign out?
- Turn your device off.
- Wait 10 seconds and turn it back on again.
- Open HBO Max and sign in, then try streaming again.
5. Try another device
Try streaming HBO Max on another supported device. This will help determine if the problem is limited to a specific device.
Computer: Try using another supported browser.
6. Try device troubleshooting
Choose the device you’re using and try the troubleshooting steps:
7. Restart your network devices
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the Internet (about 1 minute).
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the Internet.
- Open HBO Max and try streaming again.
If these things don’t help, take note of the on-screen error message or code and include it when you contact us.
If resetting the smart hub does not restore the HBO max, you may need to contact customer support.