It’s a complete guideline of how to get HBO max app on Samsung smart Tv, Max app only compatible on 2016 and later models. And for 2016 before models and want to get HBO Max, you can see in the later section.
- Open the Smart Hub, choose Apps
- Search for HBO Max
- Select and download HBO Max
- Once downloaded, open HBO Max
- Sign in or start your subscription.
How to Sign in to Get HBO Max App on Samsung Smart Tv?
TV devices: Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, PlayStation, Roku, Samsung TV, Xbox, Xfinity TV Box
To sign in on your Samsung Smart TV, you’ll need to have your phone or a computer handy.
Here’s how to sign in:
- Open HBO Max on your TV and choose Sign In (or try to play a show or movie).
- Sign in Not Available? You may already be signed in. To see which account you’re signed in with, choose your profile icon (circle with a letter in the upper-left), then scroll right and choose Sign Out. Here you can see your account email address. If you want to switch to another account, choose the Sign Out button and then sign in to your other account.
- You should see a 6 character code. Stay on this screen while you grab your phone or a computer.
- Open a web browser on your phone or a computer and type hbomax.com/tvsignin in the address bar (this redirects to https://activate.hbomax.com). This should take you to an Enter Code screen.
- Enter the code that appears on your TV, and then choose Next.
- Choose Sign in Through TV or Mobile Provider.
- Choose your provider (who you subscribe through). If you’re using a computer, choose View All Providers and then select your provider.
- Enter the username and password for your provider account that includes HBO Max.
- First time signing in? Enter or confirm your name and email and then choose Create Account. Account found? See the next section.
- Once your TV updates (this may take 60 seconds), choose who’s watching and you’re ready to stream.
How to Get HBO Max App on Samsung Smart Tv before 2016 models?
- Chromecast: Cast HBO Max from your phone, tablet, or computer to your TV.
- AirPlay: Stream HBO Max to your AirPlay 2-compatible device.
- HDMI cable: Connect your computer, phone, or tablet to your TV.
More About Samsung: How To Connect Google Home To Samsung Smart Tv
More About Samsung: The Intelligent Home Vision of Samsung Includes Smarter Fridges and Vacuums
Troubleshooting While Getting HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV
Problem-1 Code not working?
Where do I enter the code?
If the Enter Code page doesn’t appear, try the following:
- Choose this link: https://activate.HBOMax.com (or type https://activate.hbomax.com in your browser’s address bar). This should take you to an Enter Code screen where you can enter the code from your TV.
Code doesn’t work or is invalid
Try the following:
- Make sure you’re on the correct page in Step 3 above (https://activate.hbomax.com). Choose this link: https://activate.HBOMax.com and then enter the code from your TV.
- Try using a different supported browser: Chrome, FireFox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- Get a new code. To do this, go back and choose Sign In again on your TV.
If you’re signing in using your phone, try the following:
Step 1: Switch to a computer
- In Step 3 above, try using a computer (instead of your phone). To do this, open this link: https://activate.HBOMax.com on your computer and then enter the code from your TV.
Step 2: Clear your browser data
Clear your browser data and then try signing in again using your phone. Here’s how:
- iPhone: On your iOS device, go to Settings > Safari, then scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data. To learn more, go to Clear Safari.
- Android phone: Try clearing your Chrome browsing data on your Android device. To find out how to do this, see Clear cache & cookies.
Problem-2 Don’t see my Provider list
Here’s a list of providers that currently support HBO Max.
Problem-3 Can’t sign in through a provider
If you can’t sign in through your TV, internet, or mobile provider.
Try these steps:
Step 1: Sign in to your provider’s website
First things first, make sure you can sign in to your provider account. Your provider is who you signed up through or who bills you each month for HBO Max.
Go to your provider’s website and sign in with the username and password for your provider account. If you can’t remember or don’t know your sign-in information, look for a help or reset password link on your provider’s sign-in screen.
If you can’t sign in to your provider account, please contact your provider for help. HBO Max Support doesn’t have access to your provider sign-in information.
Step 2: Can’t verify your subscription?
If you’re getting a ‘Can’t verify your subscription’ message, find your provider below:
- AT&T wireless or internet: You may need to set up your plan for HBO Max. See Sign in through AT&T.
- TV or cable provider:
- Make sure your TV package includes HBO Max. To do this, sign in to your provider account (on your provider’s website) and make sure HBO Max is included.
- Apple device: Try removing your TV provider in Settings. To do this on your Apple TV, go to Settings > Accounts > TV Provider and choose Remove TV Provider. To do this on your iOS device, go to Settings > TV Provider and choose Remove TV Provider. Now, open HBO Max and try signing in again.
- If your TV provider account is a subaccount, you need to sign in to HBO Max using your primary TV provider account. Once you’re signed in, you can create profiles for members of your household.
- AT&T TV, DIRECTV, U-Verse, or WatchTV: Make sure your AT&T account includes access to HBO Max. See Sign in through AT&T TV, DIRECTV, U-Verse, or WatchTV.
- Hulu: See Can’t sign in through Hulu.
- Prime Video Channels: See Can’t sign in through Prime Video.
- YouTube TV: See Sign in through YouTube TV.
Step 3: Try device troubleshooting
Problem-4 If the HBO Max app isn’t working as expected
Try these steps:
Step 1: Update HBO Max
See if there’s an app update for HBO Max. Here’s how:
- Open the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV.
- Select Apps.
- Select the Settings icon (upper-right corner).
- Select Updates.
- Find and select HBO Max, then select Update.
Step 2: Test your connection speed
If videos buffer or are poor quality, a slow or inconsistent network connection might be the cause. Test your download speed from a computer on the same network as your Samsung TV. To do this, open a browser and search for ‘Internet speed test.’
To stream HD video, you need a high-speed connection with a minimum download speed of 5 Mbps. If videos are buffering, please see Video loads slow, pauses, or buffers.
Step 3: Restart your Samsung TV
- Turn off your Samsung TV.
- Wait a moment and turn your TV back on.
- Reopen HBO Max and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 4: Update your Samsung TV
Update your Samsung TV firmware. Here’s how:
- Press the Menu button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Select Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now. Your TV will restart and you’ll see a message when the update is done.
Once the update is completed, update your Smart Hub:
- Open the Smart Hub and navigate to the Apps page.
- Stay on the Apps page for 5 minutes.
- Reopen HBO Max and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 5: Delete and reinstall HBO Max
- Open the Smart Hub.
- Use the navigation keys on your remote to highlight HBO Max.
- Press the Tools button on your remote and then select Delete.
- Search for HBO Max.
- Select HBO Max to reinstall the app.
- Once installed, select Run and see if the issue is resolved.