The sad reality is that Hisense Smart TVs are still not available for the Disney Plus app. This doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to enjoy the content on your TV, however. This write-up details several workarounds that allow you to stream content from Disney Plus.
Android or Google TV operating systems are used by Hisense Smart TVs and there are versions that operate on Linux-based Smart TV platform created by Frog. Disney Plus is currently released on Android, however, at the time of publication, the app was not available on the Play Store.
In other words, even though Hisense is running on Android, you won’t be able to download it. This is expected to change in the near future, considering the fact that Disney Plus is a new service. But for now, you’ll need to find an innovative way to access your Hisense Disney Plus.
Before you start streaming your favorite Disney movies on Disney Plus, you’ll need to get signed up for an account.
So How To Add Disney Plus To Hisense Tv
Disney Plus is also available on Roku devices, Apple TV, and Chromecast, apart from mainstream consoles. You should be able to watch the Disney Plus content on your Hisense Smart TV without any problems if you have any of these devices.
- Turn on your streaming gadget and navigate to the search section.
- On the Roku, you navigate to Streaming Channels, then Search Channels.
- Fire TV users can search from the Home screen and Apple TV and Chromecast users should navigate to the corresponding app stores before the search.
- Type Disney Plus into the search bar and hit Enter/OK on the remote.
- On the Roku, Disney Plus appears in the Apps & Games category and it should be among the top results on other streaming gadgets.
- Select the app and click on it for more actions.
- Now, you need to click Download, Install, or Get, if you’re using the Roku.
- When the download/installation completes.
- Launch the app, select “Start Free Trial” and provide your credentials.
Note: Disney Plus offers a modest seven-day free trial. But, this is not that bad if you factor in the subscription price that’s more than affordable.
Mirror Screen from a Mobile Device
You can get Disney Plus on iOS and Android devices, and your Hisense Smart TV still has the option of mirroring the stream.
Grab your Hisense remote and navigate to “Anyview Stream.”
Hamburger (more menu) button > Setup > System > Network > Network Configuration (wireless) > Anyview Stream (on)
- Grab your smartphone
- Connect to the same network, and launch the Google Home app.
- Tap the More menu.
- Choose “Cast screen/audio,” and tap “Cast screen/audio” again to confirm.
- Select your Hisense Smart TV from the pop-up window and you’re good to go.
To mirror the screen from an iOS device.
You’ll need an HDMI-to-Lightning cable adapter. You should connect an iPad or iPhone to the adapter and hook it all up to the TV via a standard HDMI cable. Then, you select the corresponding source on your TV and you’re good to go.