My kids love the Marvel content on Disney+, and they usually watch it on the Fire Stick-powered TV in the dining room.
But when the app stopped starting up right and kept crashing, I knew something was wrong.
When I started looking into what had happened to the Disney plus app, I found a lot of different reasons.
You’ll find out why your Disney+ app not working on your Fire Stick and how to fix it quickly.
If you can’t get Disney Plus to work on your Fire Stick, restart it. If that doesn’t work, you can reinstall the app and try to use it again.
Common Problems Why Disney Plus is not Working on Firestick:
Before going into detail about each here is a quick go-through of each with solutions for the users to see and act accordingly.
- A bad connection to the internet: Make sure your Firestick connection to the Wi-Fi network is stable. If you’re using a wired connection, check for cables that are loose or have come loose.
- You haven’t updated your FireStick: To update, open the Settings menu on your Firestick and go to System > About > Check for System Update. If there’s a new update, try again after installing it.
- Attempt to clear the cache data: Go to Settings, click Applications, and then click “Manage Installed Applications.” Then, choose Disney Plus and then Clear Cache. After that, try to start the app again.
- Remove the Disney Plus app and reinstall it: Go to Settings, then Applications. The next step is to choose “Manage Installed Applications.” Then choose Disney Plus and click Uninstall. Go back to the Amazon Appstore and install the app again to finish.
- Make sure you have the right email and password: You can try to reset your password if you are sure that your account information is correct.
Here are the Details:
Why Doesn’t My Fire Stick Work With Disney Plus?
There are three things that could make your Firestick app not work.
The first place would be the app itself, which might not work right because of a bug or an unknown error.
Your internet connection could be another reason why the disney plus not loading on firestick isn’t, but that will only be a problem if something is wrong with the connection.
The only other thing that could be wrong could be your Fire Stick itself. Any software or hardware problems it might have had could have caused the Disney+ app to stop working.
You might also see either the 83 or 42 error codes.
The first one means that your device doesn’t work with the Disney Plus app, and the second one means that the app can’t connect to the Disney Plus servers.
In the next parts, I’ll talk about how you can fix these problems.
You Will Need A Good Internet Connection.
If the Disney+ app doesn’t work on your Firestick, the first thing you should do is make sure your Wi-Fi is stable. A poor internet connection is the most common cause of Disney plus not working.
It is also one of the things you can do to fix error code 43.
Place your Fire Stick as close as possible to your Wi-Fi router to get a good signal.
Clear away any metal objects between the Fire Stick and your router, and if you have more than one Wi-Fi access point, make sure you’re connected to the one on the same floor.
If the Fire Stick is far from the router, connect it to the 2.4 GHz access point or use a repeater to get the signal to the TV.
You can check the strength of your network signal by going to the Network settings and putting a checkmark next to Wi-Fi.
For the signal to be stable, it needs to say good or Very Good.
Starting the Fire Stick Back Up.
If your internet connection seems to be working, you can try turning your Fire Stick off and on again.
The Fire Stick might work better if you restart it if it has any temporary bugs or software problems.
There is a simple button combination you can use to restart your Fire Stick. Check out the steps below to find out what it is:
Press and hold the firestick remote’s circular Select button and the Play/Pause button.
Don’t let it go until your TV tells you that the Fire Stick is turning off.
Restart the FireStick.
Restart your firestick to see if that helps:
You can also use the menus to restart the device. Go to My Fire TV and choose Restart from there.
Once the device is done restarting, check to see if the Disney+ app still works.
Start Your TV Over.
If restarting the Fire Stick doesn’t work, you can also try restarting your TV.
Like restarting your Fire Stick, restarting your TV can fix any temporary problems.
To turn on your TV again:
- Turn off the TV.
- When the TV is turned off, unplug it.
- At least 30 seconds should pass before you plug the TV back in.
- Start up the TV again.
- Launch the Disney+ app again once the TV is back on and see if it works.
Set Your Router to Bridge Mode
If you are connecting your own router to the one your ISP gave you, you need to turn on Bridge mode on your router for the app to work.
How you do this depends on what kind of router you have, so check your router’s manual to find out how.
You’ll need to go into the admin settings of the router, which are also explained in the manual.
Once Bridge mode is on, go back to your Fire Stick and make sure the Disney Plus app is working.
Your Router May Need To Be Turned Back On.
If turning the TV off and on again didn’t help, the problem might be with your internet connection.
Most problems with the internet can be fixed by restarting your router more than once.
To restart your router quickly:
- Turn off the router.
- After turning off the router, unplug it from the wall.
- After a minute, plug the router back in and turn it back on.
- Start the Disney+ app on your Fire Stick after the router is turned on to see if it works.
Sign Out Of Your Disney Plus Account And Then Sign Back In.
Disney+ stops working if your login credentials are incorrect, as was previously mentioned. Disney Plus eventually stops working on FireStick as a result of connection failures with the application server.
You must log out of Disney Plus and then log back in to fix this.
Note: out of your Disney+ account and back in is a good way to get your devices to restart, but it didn’t seem to work. Always
To sign out of the app:
- Launch Disney+.
- Press the right directional button on the remote from the home screen.
- Move down and click on Settings.
- Scroll back down and click Sign Out.
- After you log out, you’ll be taken to the login page, where you can sign back into the app.
After you’ve done that, test all of the app’s features to make sure they work.
Clear the cache data of the Disney Plus app.
Every app on your Firestick has a place to store data that it uses frequently.
By clearing this, you can fix many problems with the Disney+ app that might have been caused by a broken cache.
To clear the app’s cache, do the following:
- Click on
- Find the Disney+ app by clicking on Manage installed apps.
- Select Clear cache and then Clear data.
- After you do this, open the app and try to make the problem happen again.
If it doesn’t happen again, you’ve fixed the problem for good.
Uninstall Disney+ And Reinstall It.
You can also uninstall and reinstall the app instead of clearing the cache.
This can fix an app’s filesystem that might have broken, which would make the app not work right.
Since you’ll be installing the latest version of the app, it can also fix error code 82.
To install the app again:
- Click on Applications.
- Find the Disney+ app by clicking on Manage installed apps.
- Choose to remove.
- Follow the steps that show up to get rid of the program.
- Press the remote’s Home button.
- Mark Apps and click on it.
- To find the Disney+ app, use the search function.
- When you get to the app’s page, click Get.
- When the app is done installing, open it up and sign in.
Try to do what you were doing when the app stopped working, and then see if reinstalling the app fixed the problem.
Put New Software On The FireStick. (Update)
The Disney+ app might not be working because the software on your Fire Stick is old.
The only way to fix the problem is to download a software update and install it on the firestick device.
To find and install new software for your Fire Stick, do the following:
- Open Settings.
- Click on My Fire TV >
- Select Check for System Updates from the menu.
- Wait until the Fire Stick finds any updates that need to be installed and does so.
Start the device back up and open the Disney+ app to see if the problem is fixed.
See if the servers for Disney Plus are working.
Sometimes, the problem might not be caused by any of your devices or the apps and software you have installed.
The servers for Disney+ can go down, which means you can’t use the app or watch its content.
You can look at third-party websites like downdetector.com to see if there are a lot of reports that the servers are down.
If a lot of reports come in at once, it’s likely that the servers are down.
You can also find out more about Disney+ by following it on social media.
They’ll tell you how to fix the problem yourself, and if they can’t fix it over the phone, they’ll tell someone else.
How to Reset the FireStick
If even customer service doesn’t help, you can try resetting your Fire Stick as a last resort.
This will delete all the data on the device, remove any apps that weren’t there when you bought it, and sign you out of all your streaming accounts.
After you reset the device, you’ll have to set it up again.
To reset your Fire Stick from the factory:
- Take out any SD cards you may have put in.
- Hold the Back and right arrow keys down for at least 10 seconds.
- When the box pops up, choose “reset to factory settings.”
- Let the steps of the factory reset process finish, and then set up the device again.
Install the Disney+ app and try it out to see if it still works.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Do You Get Disney+ To Work Again?
If the Disney+ app has frozen, you can try to open it again.
If you can’t do that, try restarting the TV.
Why Does My Fire Stick Not Work?
If your Fire Stick isn’t responding, there could be a problem with the connection, the device could be taking a long time to load, the batteries in your remote could be dead, or an app could be broken. To fix a Fire Stick that won’t work, try restarting it, checking your remote and Wi-Fi signal, checking the HDMI connection, removing an app that won’t work, or updating or resetting the Fire Stick to factory settings.
How to Sign Out Of Disney Plus On Firestick?
To sign out of Disney Plus on Firestick, follow these steps:
- Open the Disney Plus app on your Firestick.
- Go to the Account section.
- Select “Sign Out”.
- Confirm by selecting “Sign Out” again.
You might want to see this:
- Why is Disney Plus on LG TV Not Working?
- How to Connect Disney Plus To TV from Phone? A Guide For You
- How to Get Disney Plus on Older Samsung Smart TV
- How to Cast Disney Plus To TV without Chromecast
- How To Add Disney Plus To Hisense Tv
- How To Get Disney Plus On Roku
- How to Connect Firestick Remote to Turn Off TV?
- How to Connect Firestick to Wi-Fi without Remote
- How To Program Firestick Remote To Tv
- Fire Stick Black Screen – How To Fix It?
- Does Fire TV Stick 4k Work with Hisense Roku TV?
- How to Get Disney Plus on Fire TV