It’s fantastic to be able to broadcast your VR headset to another device. It makes using the headset more sociable and enables users to see exactly what is happening with it. As a result, many users are curious about how to stream their Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV. It’s not as simple as you may assume, though. But don’t be concerned. The solutions are here.
Let’s get into detail:
You Need To Make Sure A Few Perquisites Before Casting Quest 2 To Roku TV.
Make sure Quest 2 and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Only when your Chromecast and Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 devices are linked to the same network will you be able to cast content from Quest 2 to your Roku TV.
Nowadays, almost all routers feature radio transmissions that are referred to as “dual-band.” You can use this to enable the connection of equipment in your home to two distinct networks (either the 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz network).
Two independent networks allow flexibility and better speeds. The dual bands prevent communication problems and interferences while also enhancing overall stability.
When trying to cast your Quest 2 to a Roku TV, though, this can provide problems.
Casting won’t function, for instance, if your Quest 2 is linked to the 5.0 GHz network and your Chromecast is on the 2.4 GHz network!
Checking and confirming that your Chromecast and Quest 2 devices are on the exact same WiFi network simply takes a few seconds.
Verify your Chromecast’s Wi-Fi connection.
To check which Wi-Fi network your Chromecast is connected to:
- Open up the Google Home app on your smartphone (NOT the Chromecast app)
Note: make sure your smartphone is also connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to connect your Chromecast to!
- Then select your device from within the app
- Tap on Settings(the gear icon) at the upper right-hand corner
- Finally, select Wi-Fi
Your Chromecast’s “Network name” should be visible from here. You’ll need to hit “Forget” and reset your device if it isn’t linked to the right network.
Now, all we need to do is make sure the Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 is linked to the same network.
Verify the Wi-Fi network for Oculus (Meta) Quest 2.
To check which Wi-Fi network your Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 is connected to:
- Select Apps on the home screen
- Then go to Settings and Device
- Finally, select Wi-Fi
Replace the Roku TV’s input with a Chromecast (HDMI)
Okay, now that we’ve established that your Chromecast and Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 are linked to the same Wi-Fi network, we want to choose the input that your Chromecast is plugged into.
To change the input of your Roku TV simply:
- Go to HOME
- Select TV INPUTS
- And finally SET UP INPUT on the input you want to switch to.
The input is now added to your Roku home screen as a tile. All that’s left to do is return to the home screen and choose this tile to switch inputs!
However, you should rename the input to make it simpler to discover in the future before returning to HOME.
The next time you use your Roku, you just have to go to HOME > CHROMECAST in order to change the input to HDMI 2 (aka your Chromecast)!
Note: Okay, at this point your Chromecast, Oculus (Meta) Quest 2, and Roku TV are all connected to the same Wi-Fi network and your Chromecast is visible on the Roku TV.
So here is a method How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV?
This is the best and simplest method to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV.
Note: Let me clarify to you that all these methods can work for casting oculus quest 2 to Roku TV without Chromecast.
Since Roku TV is a smart TV, you can directly cast your Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV. To do so, follow the instructions provided below.
Method 1 – Cast directly:
- Launch Oculus Quest 2.
- On the right controller, press the Oculus button (o).
- An app window will appear, and underneath it, you’ll see the main menu.
- You must now select “sharing“
- When a new window appears, select the “Cast” tab.
- A pop-up will display a list of casting-compatible devices.
- From the list, choose your Roku TV and click Next.
- Your Oculus Quest 2 headset will now immediately be transmitted to your TV. Your headset’s screen will be visible on TV.
Method 2 – Casting Your Oculus Quest 2 to Your Mobile Phone
To cast your Oculus (Meta) Quest 2 to your phone:
- Download and open up the Meta Quest app
2. In the app, click the “Options” menu (it has the Oculus symbol, and should appear in the right-hand corner)
3. Select your Oculus Quest 2 under “Cast From” and then click.
4. (The Roku TV does not support Chromecast.) Click “Cast To,” then choose your phone or another device with Chromecast.
If everything went according to plan, your Oculus 2 should now be visible on your screen!
Method – 3 Mirroring using an Apple device
First, we want to ensure Airplay is enabled on your Roku TV.
- Simply choose Home on your Roku remote, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit, and double-check that AirPlay is turned on.
- It’s time to mirror our Apple device to our Roku TV now that Airplay is enabled.
- Simply use the top right corner of your Apple device’s screen to slide downward. You can notice a little picture-in-picture icon in your Control Center after doing this, which will open it (located right next to the lock button). Just click it.
- Your iPhone will then display a Screen Mirroring option with a list of all nearby devices when you do this. Your Roku TV needs to appear on the list. Just click it!
- Enter your PIN, if one is required. And that’s it. Your iPhone or iPad is now casting to your Roku TV.
Method – 4 Screen Mirroring From Android
You will first need to enable screen mirroring. This will only work on some Android phones (never Google-branded phones). So, if you don’t have these options, sharing to your Roku TV is impossible.
- Open up the ‘Settings app.
- Tap ‘Smart View’
- Select your Roku device.
- Select the relevant option (normally Always Allow or Allow) on your Roku TV when it pops up.
Your screen should now be mirrored.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Hisense TV?
To cast Oculus Quest 2 to Hisense Roku TV:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Select Settings and then select System.
- Select Screen mirroring.
- After you open the screen mirroring settings, choose a setting to adjust.
You might want to see this:
- How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Oculus Quest 2
- Best headphones for Oculus Quest 2
- How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Samsung TV?
- How To Reset A Roku Remote
- Here’s the Lineup of Cheap Smart Home Devices That Roku Just Launched
Frequently Asked Questions: