Here are following simple steps of How to Add LG TV to Homekit.
- Go to Home Dashboard
- Press Airplay
- Press Airplay and Homekit Settings
- Next Click Setup Homekit
- Now open the Homekit app from your phone and Continue
- Next Click Add Accessory
- Scan QR Code or enter Pin manually from the TV
- Next You Will see the notification of setup has been successful
Now you can on/off and navigate to Airplay from your Apple device.
Note: Make sure the Wi-Fi network of the Apple device and the LG TV is the same while adding LG TV to Homekit.
Which LG TV is compatible with Apple Airplay and Homekit
2020 webOS 5.0 OLED: BX / CX / GX / WX /ZX / RX
UHD: UN series, NANO80 / 85 /90 / 95 / 97 / 99
2019 webOS 4.5 OLED: B9 / C9 / E9 / W9 / Z9
UHD: UM series, SM series
2018 webOS 4.0 OLED: C8 / E8 / W8
OLED: B8 (any day now)
NANO: SK series (any day now)
UHD: UK series (any day now)
In the case of WEBOS 4.0 Tv, there is no dashboard, Airplay will be displayed on the Home launcher when firmware update to 5.30.10 or greater.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Which LG devices offer AirPlay 2?
- LG OLED (2020)
- LG OLED (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM8X series (2019)
- LG UHD UM7X series (2019)
Does LG TV have screen mirroring?
If you are using Android 4.0 and above, the phone may come with a screen share feature. Ensure that your mobile device and the TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
From your phone
- Go to SETTINGS,
- Then select SHARE AND CONNECT.
- Under SCREEN SHARE category, select SCREEN SHARING or MIRROR SCREEN.